cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The current application triggered a termination with a short dump

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Can u help me in this issue which I am facing in solution manager system?

I am using SOLAR01 transaction code and I can list out the documents uploaded. From there I can see the documents too. But if I am using the internet link to access the same server and when I use SOLAR01 tcode, I can list out the documents. If I am clicking to open any of the documents, its throwing dump error.

"The current application triggered a termination with a short dump.

Category          ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors          MESSAGE_TYPE_X

ABAP Program          SAPLOLEA

Application Component          BC-FES-OAC "

I have gone through some blogs and was wondering why we need sapgui latest patch/upgrade as we are using internet link to access the documents. I am attaching the dump error. Can you please guide me in this?

Thanks - HARRY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

This is a problem with the WebGui. This dump occurs because transaction solar01 uses Office Integration which is not supported in the SAPGUI for HTML. See SAP note Note 314568 - SAP GUI for HTML functionality / Limitations / Sp. Behaviour for details.

Sorry about that.

Regards,

Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amo,

Thanks for your reply. Are you meant to say that we are not able to see the documents in solar01 transaction code through WEBGUI links? We need to use sapgui itself for this? I have already went through this snote and I was confused with the line mentioned in same :

"Because Office Integration is based on OLE Automation (a technology only  available on Microsoft Windows and not available within browsers) it is  limited within SAP GUI for HTML. Office Documents can only be viewed but not be changed"

But in this scenario I am not able to display the contents. Can you give your suggestion?

Thanks - HARRY

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

It is not possible to use OLE automation with a browser. The transaction SOLAR01 does not support HTML-GUI (see transaction classification in SE93). You can get more information in notes 822867 and 512068.

Regards,

Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hugo,

You are correct that Solar01 tcode is not supported in Webgui. For displaying the documents i got a solution as well.

We can access the document by creating a url for it.

Go to Solar01 - Click on the document which we need to display - Click on the ATTRIBUTE icon - Then click on URL icon - It will generate the url for the document in clipboard. Paste it in browser and enter. It will prompt for Username/password, providing the same will authorize you to see the document.

Thanks - HARRY

Answers (0)