cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC Business Functions to activate before SNC ECC integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SNC Experts,

We are doing an implementation project for SCM SNC . Intially from basis end , the SNC7.0 EHP2 system is ready.

As a next step, we are ready to start the integrations with SNC7.0 EHP2 with ERP system as well as the integration with SNC7.0 EHP2 with XI server.

part of this implementation project. We are implementing the SNC Scenarios with 1. Purchase Order Processing  2. Release Order Processing 3. Supply Managed Inventory (SMI)

I just would like to check, before starting the integration with SNC with ECC and XI. Shall we need to activate any SNC Business Functions.

Please reply me the advices on this.

Thanks,

SN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhan,

I got a point at this level.

Main business functions (SCM_SNC_GEN_1 & SCM_SNC_GEN_2) which are mentioned above are related to functionality changes.

Business Function, SCM_SNC_GEN_SOH is only related to performance improvements for SNC Web screens.

Especially for the clients who uses SNC Supplier scenarios, i strongly suggest to activate this BF.

Regards,

Selim Batur

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our case we are using added functionality like cFolders and Supplier performance for this we have activated (SCM_SNC_GEN_1 & SCM_SNC_GEN_2).

Whereas if you are not using the above functionality in that case without activation of BF there will not be any issues.

REgards

shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SN,

Activation of business function is not mandatory for any of the Standard SNC scenarios  1. Purchase Order Processing  2. Release Order Processing 3. Supply Managed Inventory (SMI) functionality in SNC.

Depending upon business requirements you can activate business function.

It will provide additional features.

Example:If you want to integrate APO (with CTM) with SNC for SMI scenario then you need to activate business function SCM_SNC_GEN1 in SNC & SCM_APO_DISTR_REC in APO

In a Supplier-Managed Inventory (SMI) scenario or in a Dynamic Replenishment (DR) scenario, you can integrate planned receipts with the customer’s SAP APO system. A customer with SAP APO can send demand forecast data (DR scenario) or inventory and demand data (SMI scenario) to SAP SNC and request that the supplier send planned receipts back to him or her based on the data. The customer can consider the planned receipts in Capable-To-Match-Planning in SAP APO.

You can check below link for more details

1. SCM_SNC_GEN1:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp01/helpdata/en/2a/c73ca8e1ee4c57b7b6b89062ea3916/content.htm?f...

2. SCM_SNC_GEN2:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/a2/6d67d9b60149cb887acf72ae0b90ac/frameset.htm

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bharat and friends

I was also planning to activate SCM_SNC_GEN2, in my system

I was to use this to update Bill of lading and Carrier name at the time ASN

I don't want to use any other functionality ...I would like to  know following

1. Does this data updated in SNC web UI for ASN on publish updated to ECC

2. We have only implemented PO / SMI / Invoice collaboration (this is self billing); do you this my existing setup would require changes

Regards

Manas Malhotra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SN,

For the SNC 7.02 system, there are are 2 Business Functions that can be activated:

1. SCM_SNC_GEN1:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp01/helpdata/en/2a/c73ca8e1ee4c57b7b6b89062ea3916/content.htm?f...

2. SCM_SNC_GEN2:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/a2/6d67d9b60149cb887acf72ae0b90ac/frameset.htm

The above links give high level details on what additional functionalities are activated with these Business Functions. There are few chnages made even to the SNC Scenarios mentioned by you. So go through the links and decide.

Since you are already on SNC 7.02, its advisable to activate them even if you are not going to use any of these new functionalities.

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SN,

I would like to give you a different view:

The Business Function (BF) Activation will bring in few additional fields into the ODM tables 

Order type code

Purchasing Group

Customer Reference

Supplier Reference

Also, additional functionalists that are outline in the above links posted by Bharath.  

The first step is to evaluate will you use all the functionality.  If your Client will use the 7.02 scenarios and functions then go for BF that you need.

Please note each BF activation will bring its own challenges like Master data setup

I will suggest prepare a deck that give a overview what can be achieved with the BF activation in Sandbox , do a POC and let client decide.  

From SNC standpoint it best to activate them..

Hope this helps,

Thx

MJ