cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel and Support Package Stack for SolMan 701

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I was wondering if someone could tell me what/how I can get the latest for both the above and what I should do to apply them. I have done my first test install for Solution Manager and would like to complete the post install steps.

There seems to be some much information which has sort of confused me. Understandably because I am new to this . The main confusion I have is regarding what to download first of all. And then if there is a set procedure of how to go about applying it.

All help highly appreciated.

Manish

This is what

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

agreeing to Francois I would advise you to install Solman 7.1.

(and trial and error is not a good plan if you like to install any SAP systems - read carefully all the documentation from http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager)

And after finishing that setup install the latest 7.20 or 7.20EXT kernel files.

The current Kernel is visible in the SAP Gui - System - Status - 3. button (popup bottom) shows the actual kernel details.

After finishing you might be able to use MOPZ to get all the needed files.

kind regards

Thomas Uhl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Sorry its taken a while to come back.

For now I am going with the installed SolMan and am trying to upgrade the kernel first of all. In doing so I am a little confused about what I should download and extract. I have read notes 1713986, 1636252 and 1629598. In one of these notes it talks about downloading the kernel files from the below location:

http://service.sap.com/patches -> "Browse Our Download Catalog"-> Additional Components -> SAP Kernel -> SAP KERNEL 64-BIT (UNICODE) -> SAP KERNEL 7.20 (EXT) 64-BIT (UNICODE) -> <your

platform> -> ORACLE.

Now my current kernel is 701 and I want to bring to 721. Am I correct in saying that I first need download and install the latest kernel first and then go about patching it. If that is true, will be correct to download 51045931_6 media. But if I do so what components will I need to extract and patch.

Hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks.

Manish

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Solution Manager will be out of maintenance at the end of that year 2013, what about to migrate your solution manager to 7.1 ?

The last SP for 701 are that:

SAP_BASIS

SAPKB70107

SAP_ABA

SAPKA70107

PI_BASIS

SAPK-70107INPIBASIS

ST-PI

2008_1_700

SAPKITLRD7

CRMUIF

SAPK-50005INCRMUIF

SAP_BW

SAPKW70107

SAP_AP

SAPKNA7021

BBPCRM

SAPKU50017

BI_CONT

SAPK-70409INBICONT

CPRXRPM

SAPK-40016INCPRXRPM

ST

SAPKITL436

ST-A/PI

01Q_700

-

ST-ETP

-

ST-ICO

150_700

SAPK-1507YINSTPL

ST-LV

-

ST-SER

701_2010_1

SAPKITLOS7

Regards,

Luis

francois_keen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish, it looks like ou're on solman 7.0 EhP1 SP25 which is more than 2 years old. just run the maintenance optimizer, it will offer you to get to Solman 7.1 SP08. If you want to extend your supportability by not upgrading, please consider going to 7.20 EXT kernel and SAP JVM 4.1.

Cheers

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to download the latest patch for all the components and try apply the Support package in a bulk manner.

Ensure that the dependencies are met correctly..

In real time, it is good that you apply the basis and abap patch first before patching the other components.

If you patch in a bulk manner, SAP system knows which component to be upgraded first and will perform accordingly.

NOTE: FIRST READ THE SAPNOTE RELATED TO THE SUPPORT PACKAGES YOU ARE PATCHING TO SEE ANY MANUAL CORRECTIONS ARE THERE OR NOT.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

First of all go through the Installation guide for solution manager word-by-word.

I am assuming you have the SAP marketplace S-User.

go to the support package download area in the marketplace and download the latest SP stack for the solman version you have installed.

There is some documentation in that area...

Also, go to Notes area of the marketplace where you will get important install/update information and also helpful information.

NOTE: Follow the guide to its last detail... these guides are not to be taken lightly.

NOTE: Please do not proceed to install/update if you are not 100% sure.... therefore read and prepare yourself well before doing anything on the system...

Even though this is a test system, you wouldn't want to spend another 1-2 days installing all over again.

Rgds

Deepak

Award points if helpful