cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete a status-denpendant project version for one project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I need to delete a project status-dependant version, but for a porject.

I have applied the note 160884 but the report ZVERSDEL3 deletes the version for all projects.

Anybody have a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to inputs given by Brendan & Sudhakar above, please also check following note

Note 529634 - Behavior of status-dependent versions

Following point stated in note is important.

In contrast to a time-dependent project version, a status-dependent project version cannot be deleted by design! The project manager is also able for example to see later which objects existed with which status and when.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try these notes SAP Note 160884 which states as below.

To delete the project versions, execute the ZVERSDEL program for these project versions with the specified version number. Note that this program will delete all project versions with the specified version number. ZVERSDEL deletes time-dependent, status-dependent and simulation versions for different projects, WBS elements or networks immediately and beyond the point of recovery.

You can execute the program in test mode and determine all the objects of the project version without deleting them immediately. If the program terminates, first enlarge your buffer. If this does not correct the error, execute the ZVERSDEL2 program.If you have a Unicode system, use the ZVERSDEL3 program.   

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suchakar, but what I need is to delete just a version for one project not for all project.

Brendan_Ward
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Pilot Release notes exist for this. You should raise a message with SAP Support detailing your scenario.

Best Regards,

Brendan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brendan, I have raised a message with SAP. They tell me that it`s a violation ofr the version concept and therefore is not supported.