cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change wrong hostname in CRM ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

One of of our CRM systems was installed with a wrong hostname. For example, the correct hostname was crmtst.myworld.sap. But the following was used instead: crmtrt.myworld.sap. It was just a matter of 1 wrong letter! Now, the sap system was working internally, but fails when calls are made by the wrong host name (crmtrt.myworld.sap). Even the filename of the profiles are pointing to the wrong hostname, as well as the name of the nodes in SAP MMC. I checked the environment variables of the server and saw that the following variables are also pointing to the incorrect hostname:

- MSSQL_SERVER

- SAPLOCALHOST

When I open a command prompt in the server, and execute the command hostname, it is displaying the correct hostname.

Does anyone know what the steps are so we can correct the hostname being called by the system?

Please advise.

Thank you in advanced!

Regards,

Chacha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is an CRM ABAP+JAVA and is a fresh installed system I suggest you to reinstall the system, it is the easier, secure, and maybe fasted method.

If it is only ABAP you can try to correct the env of the user (also SAPService<SID>) and the SAP profile parameter, but also in this case, if it is a fresh installation I suggest you the uninstall and reinstall it again with the correct name.

Regards

Matteo

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos