Mapping Runtime Exception

former_member399424
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have a failed message in our production system with the error as below

MAPPING">EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE

RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformatio

com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException thrown during application mapping

But the strange thing what i have is that when i tested the payload from the failed message in ESR, Mapping got executed successfully with out any issues and warnings.

Please suggest some solution for the above issue..

Regards,

Farooq

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

try test in integration directory tools-->test configuration

and check the node difference if you have any like "ns0:" or "ns1:'' ..you can compare test mapping input and sxmb_moni payload.

Regards,

Loordh.

former_member399424
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Regret the inconvinenance caused..

I checked the payload in the incorrect mapping and when i tested it in correct mapping i am still getting an exception. Totally there are 153 employee records but i am getting the error for 154th employee record which does not exist.

Let me know your comments on the same..

Thanks,

Farooq

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

Just check the node where it is failing . can you please paste the mapping error log.. some where some node is failing to create.. u can check this in display queue option.

Regards,

Loordh.

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

Like Allamudi said, can you please share the error trace , there it would be precisely stated exactly which feild or segment is causing the error.

Also check the payload in test tab of mapping and see the display queue to verify what output you are expecting.
According to what you have written

Totally there are 153 employee records but i am getting the error for 154th employee record which does not exist

There is possiblity that some data is missing at the source file, so try testing payload of any old file from archive in test tab to confirm that problem is not with the mapping.

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mohammed,

can you check the root node for your record means how it is created like you have

Emprecord

Empaddress

street_no

city

check how Empaddress is created ,debug with display queue and and check whether any context can't go wrong and all...........

Reagrds

Gagan

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

Seems like there is a problem in the context and field population in one of the field/nodes. It might have to do with trying to set index in mapping.

Additional logs and mapping screenshot would be helpful. I suggest to test the message in dev and check node creation logic and field population for the mentioned field in the log.

Ambrish

former_member399424
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip & Loordh,

Thanks for your suggesstions ..

The error displayed in Moni was with 154th employee record but when i checked the queues as you both suggested i found that one mandatory feild is missing from source structure and that was for 109th employee record and not for 154th.

Onemore thing what i learnt form the above error is "We need to check for the target feild which is not getting created not only in the mentioned node but also in some relevant nodes."

Thanks,

Farooq

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

wel cum Farooq

Now that you have learnt the reason of error,stay active in these forums and help others dealing with such same problems

former_member399424
Participant
0 Kudos

Sure Dilip

Thanks for your suggestion & support.

Regards,

Farooq

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member399424
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Regret the inconvinenance caused..

Intially i checked the payload in incorrect maaping (similar to the desired one) but later when i checked the same payload from the failed message i am still getting thesame error as Runtime Mapping exception. More over at the source structure we have totaly 153 employee records and the error is for 154th record which does not exist at all.

PFB the error...

BaseRuntimeException: RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation: Cannot produce target element /JnJIndicativeBatch/IndicativeBatch/IndicativeData/Employee[154]/PersonInfo/ContactInfo/PostalAddress/CountryCode.

Let me know your commenst on the above issue..

Regards,

Farooq

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

I had faced similar kind of issue.

At source:

Header
>MaterialNumber------------------------>IDOC

DescriptionRecord                           ,|,

>Material number------------------------>E1MAKTM

At Target::

IDOC

>E1MAKTM

So,as many times a header comes an IDOC is created at target and as many times description comes EMAKTM feild get created at target.But sometimes if header comes without description then it throws error..

So in your case check the logic which creates "JnJIndicativeBatch,""IndicativeData/Employee" and "CountryCode." if all of them are in sync.That means creating correct number of feilds.
Also use test tab and display queue to verfy.

former_member208404
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

Can you paste the complete log here, the root cause of the error of the mapping failure could be down below in the logs.

Regards

Abhishek

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please try testing with the payload in Operation mapping. Check if there are issues with operation mapping by pressing F7. Also with the same input payload, can you test in Integration directory by Tools->Test configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Trace for more information.

Like what caused the mapping to failed is that due to data issue or due to broken connection between ABAP and Java during runtime...

Based on that you can try to find the root cause for this.

HTH

Rajesh