cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Upgrade to SAP MII 12.2, BLS Transaction Calls Failing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Recently we upgraded our Development instance of SAP MII from 12.0 to 12.2.4 Build(80) [In place upgrade] and to the required Netweaver version.

Since the upgrade i have been noticing transactions are failing with the below error [Run Time] when Transaction Call action block is used. Note these were transactions that were running fine in 12.0 [ still running fine in the Production which is still running 12.0[. Also in design time, when i click on the ... button the link is displayed and the selected transaction is hilighted.  During Run time we are seeing the below error.

• [ERROR] Error found trying to execute action 'SAP_PickPack_0' Exception: [Unable to find transaction file specified] 
  • [ERROR] [SAP_PickP_0] Action: Runtime threw an exception. Exception: [com.sap.xmii.bls.exceptions.TransactionLoadException: Unable to find transaction file specified]

The strange part is this is not happening on all the transactions [or transaction calls] , but only on about 40% of them and not sure why.

Please let me know if you guys have come across such issues and if so how you resolved it.

Thanks in advance

Suraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnaud / Mike

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. 

Since none of the ideas worked , we got SAP to look into it. After about a day they found out that it was a Variable/Property name that was causing this issue.

When developing the transactions in MII 12.0 we the development team had added a Transaction Variable/Property named TransactionName, it was a string that was used during Logging transaction failures and statuses.

Unfortunately for us in MII Version 12.2 the exact word TransactionName is not supported [I guess they have made it a reserved name]. Hence post upgrade when any transaction was calling another transaction which had the Variable/Property TransactionName, it would fail with the vague error that we see above.

This can be tested in 12.2 . When you create a new transaction, create a transaction Variable/property called TransactionName, SAP MII will popup a message saying Name Cannot be used.

Now i have to work with the team to change the Variable/Property name and also change the references where ever its used before we do the Production upgrade.

I was really hoping SAP to have mentioned this change in either upgrade documents or release notes so we could be more prepared for such surprises.

Thanks again for your inputs.

Suraj

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for posting the answer to your problem.  It is an interesting situation and probably would affect some of my older stuff since I used the property name TransactionName quite a bit.  It was pretty useful, but I guess that was why it got incorporated into 12.2 and later versions.

Thanks, Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj, you may want to try to export and re-import the projects.

You will probably have some changes to do to your content between 12.0 and 12.2 so you will have to re-import the projects on your production system anyway.

Not 100% this will work but worth a try,

Cheers,

Arnaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnaud

Thanks for the response. I tried your suggestion but the issue still exists.

What confuses me is

1. the projects and transactions that were recently created [in the last 5-6 Months] are working fine and are able to call other transactions.

2. If I create new transactions and call them , they are also executing fine.

3. Only the older ones are failing. I even tried changing the names and executing that also failed.

Not sure if there is a naming compatibility issue between 12.0 and 12.2 or some special characters that were accepeted in 12.0 and not supported in 12.2. ButI have noit read about that that anwhere.

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj. I'm thinking that it could be related to the mii version when the transaction were initially created.

What could be worth a trial is to export the transaction and to compare the xml. There might be either a version /a change or a legacy settings in the definition within the transaction. This could also be the way the transaction reference other transactions directly in the xml.

Cheers Arnaud

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnaud,

Great suggestion. 

Hi Suraj,

Specifically, look for the security settings in the transaction xml.  I seem to recall that the UME roles changed between early 12.0 transactions and 12.1.  Looking at the xml was how we would determine if that was causing failures.

Regards, Mike