cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Access to PPM Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Some questions floating around Partial access to Mid level and Jr Level managment people that "Can we provide read access to Financial Planning and Write access to Capacity Planning"

Or

On PPM Object, Say example On Item, provide the Write access to certain fields/Tabs and Read access to certain fields/Tabs etc?

Has anyone got such experience that we can controlled by SAP Role/Object types or upfront on PPM screen like ACL (Access Control List) using Authorization etc?

Regards, Diana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As rightly said before, you would need an enhancement for having authority to edit Financial Planning and exclude Capacity Planning

If you want to customize views at  Financial Planning or Capacity Planning level, there is an SAP recommended implicit enhancment to handle this . Use Method "IS_VIEW_READ_ONLY" of class /RPM/CL_FIN_CAP_PLANNING_API to create an implicit enhancement.

For your first question , there are configurations available both at the item level & the project level but it depends whether they could suffice your requirement...

Regards

Gautam Maini

former_member186390
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

I have a similar requirement, I created implicit enhancement in Method "IS_VIEW_READ_ONLY" of class /RPM/CL_FIN_CAP_PLANNING_API but it doesnot seem to work.

I noticed that this method getting triggered multiple times for rows in the fianancial view and my code is setting rv_read_only flag for each row but still the view is editable.

Please explain in detail.

Regards,

Amit

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Diana,

Related to your second question you can check Note 1742156, i think this can cover your requirement.

Related to your first question,  i think it is not standard you can edit all financial and capacity views ( type manually or type others) if you have write or admin authorization. But you can develop your requirement in a BADI.

Regards,

Clara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara, Thank You for your reply, Are you talking about note-Note 1742156 - Activity type not considered for portfolio dependent setting?? or you got Typo? Regards, Diana.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, this is the note. It is true that the name doesn't represet the change.

But if you read it:

• Click on the button 'New Entries' and make the new entries for the object type and the UI fields along with the 'Activity Type'.

It is supposed you can configure by activity type ( Write, Read, Admin..) if a field is mandatory, displaay or it is hidden.

or at least this is the theory..... I don't have implemented in my system but I had considered that is a good change to manage fields at item level,

Regards,

Clara