cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the best practice for copying system privilege and its task after upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have recently upgraded from IDM 7.1 to IDM7.2

two pain points at this stage : Remember this is an upgraded system-Creating new repository is not an option , this will be the easiest approach!

1. Repositories I had to create manual entry for the system it took me more than One hour doing this line by line

we have 96 repositories, would like to know if there is an easy way to use one repository as a template and replicate them to all the remaining 95 repositories

2. Once this was done I had to System privilege under that is a task tab, I had to again insert attributes line by line it took me long long time to do this, does anyone have any guidance on what will be best method to do this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayasim,

I am working on a 7.1 - 7.2 upgrade at the moment and both these questions are answered in the standard migration tool.

Job 2 of the migration jobs (downloadable from SCN) upgrades the repositories and adds all the necessary constants and event tasks. The pre-requisite is that the repositories were detected as relevant for upgrading by job 1. We did have a bug with business suite repositories not being picked up, that has now been fixed in the version currently available, I believe.

As for the system privileges, they are created in a subsequent job, I think job 3, and there are options in the pass for editing which attributes are added as triggers of the modify event.

If you have been through the upgrade using the migration tool and still have 96 repositories to manually update something has gone fundamentally wrong with the migration tool. My assumption is they were not detected in job 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi The Basis members have left,

Upgrade task was completed , now we need to find a way to replicate the repository constants for 96 repository, we need to configure system privilege, Account privilege and account attribute

I need some one who can give a step by step procedure or document to update these constants, Privilege and attribute. I am just a beginner with database or scripts but I have fair idea on how scripts and database works in IDM.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can construct import files and/or jobs which should be able to help with this.

You can export the repositories, use a simple script to add the required attributes to the export XML and then reimport.  That would also work for the schema updates you need.

The other alternative is to construct a job which creates the data you need

You can add attributes via

sap_core_callStoredProcedure(mxi_schema_add_attr_to_oc_ns!!id store id,object,attr_name,...)

Check the stored procedure for details.

There's also a stored procedure for setting repository variables.  You could select each repository and then have the destination as:

sap_core_callStoredProcedure(mc_set_rep_var_generic!!%rep_name%,....)

Note - I haven't tested the set_rep_var... stored procedure.  You'll need to develop and test yourself

What is does let you do is set the same 20 variables in each repository with one job...

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter Wass,

When I try to export at repository level it takes out all the repositories information

as mentioned earlier we  have 96 repositories, Its coming out as a huge file and i am concerned if we import it  back it might overwrite every other repository and can create a big problem .

I want a solution for specific repository

I can try the below method but need   pointer to a SAP document which gives detailed information  on how to do the task you have mentioned below

"You can add attributes via

sap_core_callStoredProcedure(mxi_schema_add_attr_to_oc_ns!!id store id,object,attr_name,...)"

Also

The constants tab has export  feature but no import ability