cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Installing Language PT in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

I'm installing the language portuguese (PT) in the ECC but in the first time I had a problem that intrerrupted the operation.

So I restarted through SMLT and the job SAP-LANGUAGE-IMP PT SAPKLPTM10 is taking too long.

The data and cofiles are being created at OS Level, but they do not appear in the STMS.

How can I correct this problem?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Voiding,

As it is an interrupted installation for language import, I suggest you to look for .LOB files in /usr/sap/trans/tmp log directory. Renaming this file should help.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Deepak. It seems that worked. The requests are now in the STMS and are in the import running phase. But they are in this phase for about five hours, is this normal? Are about 10 requests.

Should I abort this import and run again the impor but now with the option recreate data and cofiles?

Regards

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Volding,

Please check the SLOG, ULOG from /usr/sap/trans/log directory. Check the details in the log whether there is an update happening.

Secondly check the whether temporary import files are getting created in /usr/sap/trans/tmp

If above cases are positive it implies import is running.

You may need to evaluate other areas like database updates or server performance to fine tune it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Let me summarize what I did until now.

My first language installation aborted due a problem in the server, so the requests that were generated were shown in STMS. When I tried to resume the installation the job SAP-LANGUAGE-IMP PT SAPKLPTM10 cancelled, after a very long time running, with the message 'Could not create

cofile'. I've tried to eliminate the old requests from STMS but with no success.

So searching for a solution, I renamed the file SND.LOB in the path /usr/sap/trans/tmp to SND.LOB_OLD. After that the requests were eliminated from STMS and the new import job worked fine crating new requests with the status "Import Running" in the STMS. I've waited 24 hours and the status of anyone of the requests changed, so I canceled again the language import.

Now, the queue in STMS is empty again and I'm running the job SAP-LANGUAGE-IMP PT SAPKLPTM10 ended in error again "Could not create cofile".

In on of my attempts I marked the option "Regenerate Data files and cofiles" at SMLT. Only the data files are being created the cofiles data are not being created, but the permissions at the file system and the space are ok.

Can you help me?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

I solved the problem, I removed all the files in the FS /usr/sap/trans/tmp

-rw-rw-r-- 1 sndadm sapsys   29 Apr 22 18:16 ALOG1317.SND.LOC

-rw-rw---- 1 sndadm sapsys  523 Apr 19 15:11 RADDBDIF.SND

-rw-rw-r-- 1 sndadm sapsys   83 Apr 24 14:33 SAPKKLPTM11.SND

-rw-rw-r-- 1 sndadm sapsys  294 Apr 22 18:16 SAPKKLPTM13.SND

-rw-rw-r-- 1 sndadm sapsys  335 Apr 24 11:47 SAPKKLPTM16.SND

-rw-rw---- 1 sndadm sapsys  648 Apr 22 16:52 SNDE900004.SND

-rw-rw---- 1 sndadm sapsys  648 Apr 22 16:57 SNDE900006.SND

-rw-rw---- 1 sndadm sapsys  648 May 14 11:58 SNDE900016.SND

-rw-rw-r-- 1 sndadm sapsys   29 Apr 24 11:51 SND.LOB

and restarted the import with the option "Regenerate Data files and cofiles" marked.

Thanks all you guys for the answers that helped me a lot

Regards

Answers (0)