cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial sync with OnDemand and then later on use DCN policy how this scenario work

amey_baisane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been working on one native application where I have to load the large amount of data to the device which can be used in offline mode.

I have design the MBO using RFC as SAP is the backend system and set the onDemand as a cache policy for MBOs. It works fine for me but I am facing some performance issue.. as large amount of data is getting loaded to the device and  130+  (not all concurrent) user are trying to load the data

I have read in the couple of article that which says incase of large data to be load to the device use onDemand policy for the first time and later on use DCN so that only updated data get loaded to devie...

But I didn't find any technical implementation of this scenario nor even any document which guide me to implement this...

All I know is that we can set the policy to the MBOs at the design level when we actually design the MBO .

It would be great if some one share any document or link which talks about the this implementation then this will be very usefull...

Thanks in Advance,

-Amey Baisane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DCN is intended for push notifications to the device. So I don't think that it will helps you to pull large amount of data to the device.

Whenever a new record is created or an existing record is modified in the back-end a notification reaches the device ( similar to email notifications )  if DCN has been implemented.

SUP's DCN is built on a simple protocol or interface. The interface is mostly based on standard HTTP and standard query string for parameter sending. The SUP update and delete actions for the DCN call are transferred used JSON format.

Whatever you are doing is correct to load the master data. The time taken for the sync depends on the device type and configurations too. The user has to wait for the first time to sync the data and I am not sure from SUP how to manage loading of large amount of data to the device.

Can you please share the document that you are referring to.

-Midhun VP

amey_baisane
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Midhun,

Thanks for your reply!!!

Yes, currently my application is working fine with some extra initial loading time.. but  what make me more worried or force me to think is that the user of the application. Currently there are only 130+ user but what if user increase in future... This make me to think on loading the data with some different patterns and ended up with "guide line for data loading" section in Sybase infocenter -> best pracitce for data loading from EIS to CDB.

Here is the link for for your reference:

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01781.0222/doc/html/fre13...

You can refer the point number 8 and 12(last) from the table mention in above link.

Please suggest if my understand is wrong for the above point from the link...

Kind Regards,

- Amey Baisane