cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC V10 Co-existence Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a customer that I am working with that has both HR and NH versions of the 5.3 RTA installed on their backend!  They want to install V10 in co-existence mode while we are configuring V10, but... I don't know which V10  plug-in, GRCPINW or GRCPIERP, to install?

Can we uninstall the 5.3 HR version?  The installation guide is pretty specific that it can't be done but this community is very creative!

As usual, any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

For more details on this you can ref the below SAP Notes

#1590030: GRC10 Plug-in & 5.3 VIRSA Plug-in (RTA) Co-Existence

#1680268: Compatibility of Access Control Packages

#1662113: Using Access Control 5.3 with your 10.0 plug in system

Regards

Shaily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank-you.  We are updating the SP's now.

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ken:

You don't need to "uninstall" the VIRSANH/HR.  The GRCPINW/ERP contains the code for the co-existence.  However, you must be at AC5.3 JAVA SP 15 or higher for this to work.  That translates to VIRSANH SP16 and VIRSAHR SP14 on a BASIS 700 server.  Refer to SAP note 1680268.

For the GRCPINW or GRCPIERP, you can follow the same rules as was for previous AC versions.  IF HR exists, then install BOTH plug ins.  It is also possible that if you are not using any HR functionality  (such as listed below) in your AC 10.0 instance, you do not need to install the GRCPIERP.  It would be one less item to patch, but now with the backward compatability (beginning in SP10), you can now schedule patching the targets while still using different SP levels between GRC and the target systems.

HR Related Functionality

• HR object related ARA
  • HR Object related provisioning
  • HR Triggers
  • AC/PC combined scenario
  • ARQ field mapping for HR fields.
  • ARQ HR based authentication

I would decide what to do based upon my longer term roadmap. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help!