Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Inspection with serial no

former_member416927
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using early inspection with inspection type 04. It is working fine in case of materials without serial number management. In case of serial no managed material when I released production order system is creating inspection lot without stock posting status. I did result recording and confirmed order and did MB31. System again created another  inspection lot with stock posting status. Means system created two lots. I want only one lot when I released order?

How can I do this?

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mayuresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have the same problem, how can i do this?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DDid you read the SAP help file for early lot creatIon?  I believe if you read this, it will tell you the functionality does not work with serial numbers.

Tis his should have been indicated by someone on the posting earlier. 

In the future however, please do not reply on old threads.  Create a new one and insert a link to the older thread.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i underatnd correctly in your case ,

Presumeing that you has serial numbers in Production order ,when early inspection lot was created ,did that lot conatin the serial number ? I hope its not !

When you did GR ,did  newly created Inspection lot had the serial numbers ? it should be !

Is above scenario is true  ?

former_member416927
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

There is no serial number in production order. I have assigned o4 with early inspectinn lot. When I do GR for production order I enter serial number and system, is agian creating new inspection lot with status qty update. Means for one production order two lots. which I dont want. Please suggest.