Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on FEH

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone through the blogs on FEH and have the following questions -

1. Why is FEH used only for Inbound Async interfaces.

How is the error handling done for Outbound Async interfaces ??....

PS : I know that for sync interfaces the sender has to resend and take the responsibility of

error reprocessing

2. If PI is sending multiple materials to the proxy ....is there a possibility to call the FEH framework for each material separately so that we can post the materials that are fine and the materials that go in error can be shown separately in FEH monitoring

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>How is the error handling done for Outbound Async interfaces ??....

This can be achieved by Backward Error Handling at the Adapter Engine by enabling Validation by adapter,

also Forward Error Handling can be done by enabling Validation by Integration engine.

>>2. If PI is sending multiple materials to the proxy ....is there a possibility to call the FEH framework for each material separately so that we can post the materials that are fine and the materials that go in error can be shown separately in FEH monitoring

I believe you can use FEH at inbound interfaces to call proxy per Service Interface, so if you are calling the proxy for each material, then yes, you can post materials that are fine and others go into error.

Regards,

Zameer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vijay_hariharan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

1. In case of Inbound Proxy, yes you can call the FEH separately per Material. How you can achieve this is by calling the CL_FEH_REGISTRATION->COLLECT method for each material run(believe this would be in a loop) and set a flag for error.
Once you have looped through all the materials, in the end of the process method you can Raise an exception

2. For Outbound Proxy, it would depend on business requirement. Ideally for an Outbound proxy, the requirement is to develop a report that would display the values being exported and also send them via proxy through the generated proxy class:

a. In case of Foreground error message can be directly displayed notifying the user of error.          Also in case of multiple errors, the display report can be made drill so as to show all                    messages per record

b. If run in background a spool would get generated with the same message. You can also use

SLG1 to record your messages if there are multiple messages expected per record. Clients          prefer for uniformity of messages if there are many such programs to monitor

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

1. Why is FEH used only for Inbound Async interfaces.

How is the error handling done for Outbound Async interfaces ??....

Foward error handling is used for cases where the issue / error resides on the receiver side - hence it's it's only applicable to inbound async interfaces. So, for example, if the material doesn't post because of some missing configuration in the receiver side - the message must fail and be corrected by the receiver instead of sending it back to the source system to handle/manage. In the case of Outbound Async - FEH must be handled/caught/managed by the receiver (whoever that may be).

Regards, Trevor

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks

My question is -

1. If I send multiple materials ( 1...unbounded ) in the proxy .....Can I call the FEH framework separately for each material .....my concern is to call the bapi for material create separately for each material and then call the FEH monitor separately

2. What is the ideal way to handle error on the outbound side...

Should I have a SLG1 log in case there is a data selection releated error ?

Also how should the resprocessing be done in case of errors...Should i have a separate reprocessing program based on the last successfull run date

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The purpose of FEH is to stop the message within XI for errors before sending to receiver.

The error handling part is integrated with the execution of collaboration agreements, so, i believe you will not be able to do a call separately to execute proxy and FEH validation.

If not already read, please go through below document to know the details of BEH and FEH.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b04bc560-e4e7-2a10-92ab-92dbf097a...

Regards,

Zameer

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zameer,

I am refering to the FEH in Inbound / receiver proxy....i believe once i call the proxy with an internal table as input there must be some way to call the FEH retry/ complete etc ( along with the posting bapi) method for each material rather then entire internal table

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

hi experts

any help ?