Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB - CCMS - MTE Current State Problem

jochen_willeke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi community,

right now I am facing an issue with the standard monitoring, which is provided by SAP (SAP BASIS 701) for MaxDB (7.7). Im am using the following MTE:

TCode "RZ20" --> SAP CCMS Monitor Templates --> Database --> MaxDB --> Properties --> State --> Current State

I have changed nothing and I am using this MTE as it is. From time to time the Node tells me "Could not determine the current status" and changes status to "Yellow" although the DB is online. As well if I "activate maintenance function" within this transaction and start the analysis method for the MTE "Current state" manualy, it shows me, that the DB is doing fine. The node's state nevertheless remains yellow with "Could not determine current status".

After some time and for no obvious reason the Node's state switches back to green again.

Has anybody come across this issue or has an idea where to start further investigation?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Jochen,

Is this a copy of another system ? If yes, you must run the report RSSDBTICMCLEANUP on your target system after the copy to take care of cleaning up all the CCMS data from the source system. More details in sap note 1179714

If above is not the case, try to delete the MTE and recreate it via the report RSDBMON0. Let us know if you still experience the same problem.

Regards, Yashwanth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had met the same issue. Have you found what was the problem?

jochen_willeke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we never really solved this one, but the answer provided by Yashwanth provided some helpfull insights.

Cheers,

Jochen