cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any SAP courses for Chartered Accountants involved in Risk Consulting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am a CA working in Consulting Sector which provides Risk based consulting and audit review of various process across sectors. I have exp in  manufacturing sector.

I wanted to know if there are any SAP course for consultants involved in Process or risk based audits, so that can be better off while performing audits in SAP based environment. Or is it better to take up the courses that provide for implementation of FI CO MM Modules etc...

Since i have a basic knowledge of how the MM and FI CO modules work.

Regards

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I am not sure if there are any courses that suits your requirement.

However, please search the available courses from the following link:

https://training.sap.com/gb/en/

From audit perspective, you need to understand the business processes in each area. Furthermore, the roles, authorisation objects, conflicts, SOD Matrix etc. may be important to know.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

former_member202079
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi Sankar  ,

I am following you since i was in SAP  where ever I struk in FI with the help of Your thred i Resolve the issue.  I Have a 5.6 year of Exp in SAP ABAP with FI SD MM XI PP QM . From Last 3 year i am working with FI module , i have some Good Expousre in FI and Functional Knowledge(Config) , Now i am looking for SAP FI Certification , I have done B-tech in Computer Science and i am working with Pure Technical Module .. But Now my Interst in FI  .. But having no Domain Exp . Is it will be good for me to do SAP FI certification ?

Kindly Suggest .

Thanks & regards

Hemant Gulati

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

There is always demand for Techno functional consultants. Though SAP FI and CO is having extensive sub modules, it is always a good starting point to have functional knowledge (certification based on your interest) under your belt. You will find very less number of people in the market with technical and functional experience. Please go ahead and clear certification in FI (easy certification as long as your fundamentals are clear), it would surely create long term opportunities.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

former_member202079
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ravi .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh,

In the field of SAP, career is driven by opportunity which may be further driven by luck.

As a C.A. i understand that you will not take much time to grasp the subject and to be certified. It is a matter of 25 days to 3 months max.

So, I would suggest you, with the help of your CA degree, to prepare a platform first and on the basis of that platform you may opt for any course and or career.

If you think other way round that on the basis of certification you will opt field and grow, in that case I feel you should assess the real life scenario. As in this field opportunity supersedes your knowledge domain experience and even qualification.

You may feel it like a vicious circle, but that is the fact.

This path is fraught with high costs, high unemployment and very low success.

Regards

Chirag Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag / Ravi,

Thanks for the reply....

i dont want to change my line of work actually .... Since i have basic knowledge on its working, just want to gain more knowledge on some aspects in SAP that can help my current field of risk based reviews and audits.... knowing companies switching from BaaN, Oracle to SAP.....

Regards

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh,

Great to know that you already have a platform.

I see that there is only a question from where to start. There after you will automatically be driven by actual life scenario.

Looking at your profile, experience and knowledge and to the best of my experience and knowledge I would suggest you to Start with CO module, If you are sure to get chance on implementation project

As a CA you will not get much to learn new things in FI module and many things of FI module you will get to learn in CO module also.

Further TOP management is always more interested in controlling module than that of in FI module as controlling module is all about planning and controlling before hand where as FI module is all about recording transaction which has already taken place.

Further there is excessive supply of FI consultants and short supply of CO consultants in market.

Last suggestion, your approach to the subject is the only thing which can make you to stand distinctly in crowd other wise there are a multitude consultants available in market who has enrolled for SAP certification like a sheep, one goes after the another without having clear vision and / or goal. (I myself is not an exception to it ).

Therefore keep account of each and every money and minute that you are investing in SAP and make sure that you get proper return on your investment.

Wish you all the very best!

Regards

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Thanks a lot for the advice....

Regards

Rakesh