cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanent License does not take effect in SUP 2.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

We have just installed a trial version of Sybase Unwired Platform 2.2. Now we want to apply a permanent license. We have generated the license in the SMP, but when we tried to apply it in the system, it does not take effect. When i checked the license information in the Sybase Control Center, it is still reflecting the expiration date from the trial version.

From the research that I have done, to apply a permanent license, i have to copy the permanent license in the following directory:

<drive>:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\licenses

I noticed that under the path <drive>:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer, we dont have a folder named licenses, so i manually created one, and copied the generated license there.

Then I opened a command prompt, navigated to the following directory:

<drive>:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\bin

then ran the command license.bat ED DT

But it doesnt reflect in the license information in SCC. Below are the details of my system:

License Model: Un-served License

Product Edition: Enterprise Development Server

Server License Type: Development and Test License

Please advise on how to proceed.

Thanks in advanced!

Regards,

Chacha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem, in my case was a problem in the kind of license you had (Served or Unserved),

The served means you have the "sysam server". Unserved in case you don't.

This link shows how to "Determine whether the server license is served or unserved"

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01697.0220/doc/html/jwo1266551889311...

I noticed another "thing" the parameters that you need to pass to the "license.bat"

If your license has something like this "VENDOR_STRING=PE=ED;LT=DT"

You are good, but the last parameter  comes from another line

;V=2.0;AS=A;MC=XX;MP=548;CP=1;EGO="

so the command line should look like this

license.bat ED DT XX

Hope this helps.