cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between storage mode 2 and 3 in outputs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to know the follwoing questions .Iam asking these since I need to inform our client on the follwoing things. can someone tell out of his/her expereince

1) If we have storage mode 2 and 3 in out type. Does it mean that when the print output comes from the output types, it gets stored in some file and we cannot take a repeat output if storage mode=2 and 3 ? I mean I need to know in layman terms what exactly is happening in case of archiving

2) what is the difference between storage mode 2 and 3 ? consider the following scenarios.

2a) If print medium is 1 and storage mode =2 in output, then what it does ?

2b) If print medium is 2 and storage mode=3 in output, then what it does ?

3) Can print medium 5 (external send ) be archived ( means can it have storage mode 2 and 3 ). If yes, what will be the business sceanrio.

4) If for an output type, print medium=1 and there is no print program attached to it and the storage mode=3 in output type, then will something be archived ?

regards

Pamela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pamela,

This SAP ArchiveLink functionality. Please refer to below documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/33/5cd7345a238045e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Click on "Archiving Outgoing Sales and Distribution Documents (SD)" on the left.

-Sachin

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've never seen anyone using archiving options. SAP documentation has very little information on this option, unfortunately. I believe this option requires something called SAP ArchiveLink.

If you google 'print archiving mode site:sap.com', it finds some SCN posts and SAP documents. The SD document indicates that only print and fax output may be archived.

If there is no program indicated then I believe either nothing will happen or you'd get an error message.