cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Advanced Adapter Engines

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

All, We have a single PI system running all our interfaces and  I would like to run a particular interface on an advanced adapter engine.

My question is if I stand up an AAE do I have to get the application using this interface to address the AAE directly or can the traffic be routed through the central PI instance to the AAE.I noticed that it is possible to select the Adapter Engine being used in the communications channel.

What I don't want to do is give my partner another address to reference. If everything goes through the central instance we can control this centrally and nothing has to change on the partner side. It also means that if the AAE is down for maintenance I can reconfigure the scenario so that the interface processes on the central instance.

I trust this makes sense.

Regards

Rob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Robert,

>>>>My question is if I stand up an AAE do I have to get the application using this interface to address the AAE directly or can the traffic be routed through the central PI instance to the AAE.

then you're talking more about the decentralized adapter engine and not necesarily advanced adapter engine extended (which is a full blown PI which can work on it's own)

>>>>If everything goes through the central instance we can control this centrally and nothing has to change on the partner side

if you have a decentralized adapter engine you need to use it's address to push the messages with it's use

- if you don't use ICO objects then anyway the messages will go via central PI's integration engine

but the IP (for example for SOAP, HTTP, etc.) needs to be of the decentral adapter engine,

what you want to do I believe is to have a proxy (web dispather for example) so the customer calls one IP always and you can route it to one or the other PI (or PI and advanced adapter engine) but this is a different thing I believe,

unless I'm wrong

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Michael,

Thanks

I am talking about a decentralised adapter engine. What I don't want to do is have to give our vendors another address to reference.

So I think what you are saying is that I need some for of routable address. For example....Interfacex.company.com. Then I can dynamically route that address to the appropriate server.

OR

Could I use SAP Web Dispatcher to route the calls for a specific interface to the decentralised AAE?

Regards

Rob

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Robert,

>>>>Could I use SAP Web Dispatcher to route the calls for a specific interface to the decentralised AAE?

I believe you can use it for this purpose but I'm not a web dispatcher expert so you need to check with basis guys - then should know for sure,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/99ac3a7f020e27e10000000a421937/content.htm

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Michael, Perfect.

I just had a look at the documentation and that sounds interesting. Basically we can use the SAP Web Dispatcher to route the incoming requests the majority can go to our 'cluster' but we can route specific requests to our AAE.

Mapping of the path part that is specified in the browser to the information about the server (groups).

You can determine, for example, that all requests that contain the path prefix /sap/bcare only processed by the servers that process logon groupGROUP_1.

Answers (0)