Did you mean: 

Millitary/Civilian Usage in Business Partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

There is a field in ECC system Customer Master -- General Data -- Export Tab

* Mainly civilian Usage

* Mainly millitary Usage

We want to send this information to GTS system. Business partner data-- SAP GTS tab -- Usage and milltary usage block-- Usage field should be filled with data from ecc(above).

The above process should be automatic. Please suggest if there are standard process for this?

In my understanding this usage in GTS business partner can only be maintained manually. Please correct me if i am wrong?

Our client are adamant about this requirement so we are thinking of going with custom changes. Please suggest how should we frame our approach?

Thanks

Rupesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

This functionality is officially implemented on GTS 10.1, you have to manually maintain Millitary/Civilian data for customer on GTS 10.0.

Regards,

Boer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Boer are you sure 10.1 support BP usage replication from ECC to GTS, if so, do we need any service pack level upgrade on ECC side?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are able to get this functionality if upgrading GTS 10.1. On ECC side, it is not necessary to upgrade SAP basis component except SLL-PI (SP 11).

Regards,

Boer

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you explain how it's mapped between ECC and GTS? ECC being two fields with X,Blank or Blank,X and GTS being one field with 3 possible values,1 (mainly civilian),2(mainly military) ,3(mainly civilian and military)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Please see the figure to get mapping relationship:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,Amandeep

Thanks for your reply.

We had identified the field ( /SAPSLL/ADRCON-MCUSE). But transfer of customer master is not impacting usage field in GTS.

@Amandeep -- What you are suggesting can be a workaround for existing records. But we are trying to find a solution which automate this process so that if i create/change a customer master in ECC(millitary/civilian) it should automatically set the usage in GTS(BP- SAP GTS).

till now all i can think of creating a whole set of custom programs to do it. Willing to look into any suggestion!

Thanks,

Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

We can put my solution not only to the existing entries, but also to new entries as well during the process of customer master data tranfer itself from the feeder system.During that, once the program logic comes across a check for the usage part of customer master data, it can retain that part for GTS system as well. Please contact your ABAPer for possibity on this. I am sure, it will work out. Looking forward to listen from you soon.

Regards,

Amandeep Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

You are exactly correct, once the usage part of the concerned master data is transferred to the SAP GTS system, we need to manually maintain the concerned usage part in the GTS system again. This is due to the fact that after transfer of the Business partners from the R/3 system, the Military/Civilian usage indicator in the GTS system is blank. In this case, you can first segregate the business partners for each type depending on their usage. Then you can create a customized program to fill the concerned field /SAPSLL/ADRCON-MCUSE with the required value of usage depending on the customer class ( segregated earlier based on usage) being considered in the batch run.

I hope this will give you an idea to proceed with your work.

Regards,

Amandeep Singh

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

That field is now supported in GTS (field /SAPSLL/ADRCON-MCUSE) - you will find it on the "SAP GTS" tab of the Business Partner.  As far as I know, it should transfer ok from the ECC system.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have this same urgent request and have not been able to transfer the usage from the feeder system to GTS.  All the customers transfer to GTS with usage blank in field /SAPSLL/ADRCON-MCUSE - which really doesn't work when you need to set up license that are specific to civilian. 

Appreciate help with that as well.

We are using GTS 8.0