cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver Enterprise Portal 7.0 License key updation issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing an unusual issue while updating the License key of a SAP Netweaver Enterprise Portal 7.0 server:

1. The license of EP 7.0 server got expired on feb 14th 07.

2. Then, we got an extension for the license

3. The issue started when we wanted to update the license key after a weeks of the server's license getting expired.

4. I tried going through go.bat tool and tried to open Visual Administrator screen.

5. When i tried to connect using Default user, it gave me an error saying 'Unable to lookup Connection Default http://server name/msgserver/text/logon returned empty list of connection parameters'

6. Then, we tried to restart the machine and tried this again.

7. This time, we were able to connect and it asked for password change.

8. After giving the new password, the connection status went upto 99% and stopped after that. In other words, nothing happened later and we were not able to connect to the SAP server.

9. When we tried creating a user called Admin and gave the user credentials, it gives an error saying that 'Invalid Username/Password'

10.I also tried to reset the password through configtool.bat, then, i was not able to connect to the SQL database using the default connection settings.

11.After all this, now, am also not able to start the SAP J2EE server.

Can anyone help me on this. Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Darshan M R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As told by you, i have uploaded the log files onto a site. The path for download is as follows:

http://primeupload.com/file/77361/logs.zip.html

Please help me out on this. Thanks again in advance...

Regards,

Darshan M R

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

as per log jvmbootstrap.out could you please check following error:

Exception occurred:

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Database initialization failed! Check database properties!

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error occurred: Secure Store lib Dir does not exist
blrkec34280d\sapmnt\J2E\SYS\global\security\lib\tools

As per log SAPSTART.log you can see message

(396) kill(SIGINT 2832) failed.

pl check this PID is active

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a zip file... how do i send it across...it would be great if you could give me your mail id...would send it across...

Regards,

Darshan MR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you put on internet and send us the link? so basis tecs can download and do analysis and put their comments?

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a ton for the response...

Actually, i have also tried this as well... I am not able to connect to the database using the default DB connection settings.

1.I also tried to reset the password through configtool.bat, then, i was not able to connect to the SQL database using the default connection settings.

2.After all this, now, am also not able to start the SAP J2EE server.

Request you to suggest any other method by which i can achieve the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Darshan M R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please send us the logs from /usr/sap/<SID>/D*/work.

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darshan

Activate the Sap* and use Sap* to login and apply the license

since licence got expired you may not be able to log in to the system using administrator user.

samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Follow URL for steps on how to activate sap* http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3a/4a0640d7b28f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Cheers,

-Sunil