cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONSIGNMENT RETURN PROCESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In Consignment Return process(KR) my return quantity directly add into Unrestricted in MMBE.

When we are Doing consignment return process, means material is either faulty or having some problem,so it has to come in Quality first & then we can transfer it to Unrestricted.

But system is behaving as mentioned above,kindly suggest me the sloutions.

Awaiting for reply.

Regards,

Amit Jewalikar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T W,

Thanks for your kind reply, but how i am able to identify the Consignment return stock once it is mixed with Unrestricted.

Kindly revert me with best of possible options.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

From my understanding, the stock which is brought back from the customer to the consignment warehouse is placed in a different area (isolated location); thereafter to reflect that in the SAP system the user is doing some step. (and not the other way round!)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

stock which is brought back from the customer to the consignment warehouse is placed in a different area

In standard SAP consignment process, any returns from the end customer, would be returned back to original delivering plant via movement type 634.  This being the case, I am unable to understand, how come, in your case, it has been returned to warehouse which is a wrong process.  Can you please indicate through which movement type, you have taken the returns.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

When you look at the physical flow of goods, in the consignment return process, the goods are returned by customer and these are taken back to the Consignment warehouse.

In my previous post, I was referring to the physical flow of goods and not the flow in the SAP system.

(To link the above physical action with the SAP system) Furthermore, in the system, when we look at the stock / inventory; the stock would increase in the stock of "Customer consignment", pertaining to that delivering plant.

At this particular stage of the thread, I was explaining the OP that

- first the stock is returned to the consignment warehouse,

- then warehouse staff identify the defective stock,

- thereafter would put that defective stock in different area.

The next step would be to do actions in SAP system, to reflect the above.

(and not the other way round)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW

When you look at the physical flow of goods, in the consignment return process, the goods are returned by customer and these are taken back to the Consignment warehouse.

Physically, whatever actions you can do it is immaterial as for as SAP is concerned.  The issue raised in this thread is OP's client are not able to address in SAP for which, as I already explained, in consignment process, customer returns will go directly into delivering plant and not warehouse. 

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

Have you read my entire post (last one, from which you have highlighted an extract)?

Typewriter:

(To link the above physical action with the SAP system) Furthermore, in the system, when we look at the stock / inventory; the stock would increase in the stock of "Customer consignment", pertaining to that delivering plant.

The description that I have given w.r.t. physical flow has "Consignment warehouse", please do not take that as the warehouse in the system.

In other words, (to clarify further), I am not referring to LIKP-LGNUM.

I have suggested, in one of my previous posts:

Typewriter:

Could you look in to the below suggestion -

Let the goods come in to Unrestricted (after GR), thereafter do "transfer posting" to Blocked stock.

Do you think this could address the requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All Experts,

Can Anyone please tell me, to resolve my query what procedure i will have to follow.

Awaiting for reply

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AMIT,

Could you look in to the below suggestion -

Let the goods come in to Unrestricted (after GR), thereafter do "transfer posting" to Blocked stock.

Search the internet for material related to transfer posting.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/TRANSFER+POSTING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your default schedule line then modify / assign the desired movement type.

Consult the QM consultant as well since there will be integration with MM-QM and SD.

Regards

Deane

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deane,

Could you please explain how QM is coming in to picture?

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from Lakshmipathi's suggestion you can also check below

In standard for Customer return, the inspection lot will be active for the movement type

if you want the consignment return to make Quality check relevant, you have to activate it through the inspection lot

Now there is no configuration active for customer consignment

please check this

regards,

santosh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

vemuri,

Could you please tell the t-code (for the above screenshot)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear santosh

i want to know 2 things from ur post

1) what is t.code for this or menu path

2) just plz explain a little bit more plz

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes this is standard process.  If you want to change this in such a way that for consignment returns, stock should go to quality when PGR is executed, then you need to modify your existing movement type similar to 655.  But I would recommend you NOT to make in the standard movement type if you are using this currently.   The standard movement type 634 which you can copy, rename it and maintain the settings as like 655 which MM guy can do in OMJJ.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

I have tested consignment returns with movement type 655.

But PGR is not happening, the below error is populating:

I think the consignment movement types (e.g. 631, 632, 633, 634) are meant for the consignment process and not the other movement types.

Have you tested (or in your experience) with movement type 655 for such kind of requirements?

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Check below SAp help and request your MM guy to do relevant changes for your Consignment return movement type.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crmscen70/helpdata/en/96/e6a8eba7704cd98e348da15b2f41c3/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/92/b808b1d52a11d2962200a0c930e04c/content.htm

Regards, Sai Krishna