cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a EBP user in SAP SRM 7 Ehp1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Objective :  Customer wants to cut down the no of EBP users for licensing purpose.

Current setup or Org struc : We are using a non-HR(no replication from HR) org strucutre. Org struc is maintained manually in the SAP SRM  system.

With the above setup, if anyone has info about the best practice recommended SAP Standard procedure to follow for EBP users deletion via PPOMA_BBP or any other t.code, kindly share it with me.

I searched in SDN, before posting, but ended up with infor about the SRM with HR Org struc and other information with bits and pieces.

What i need is :

1) Pre-requisites for EBP user deletion.

2) Exact steps to delete  a users(may be with validity period). - I tried with t.code BBPUSERMAINT, but the BP no is not marked for deletion in BUT000.     Is it like, if delete in BBPUSERMAINT only the relationship ends, but the data is not marked for deletion.

3) What are  Post-deletion consistency checks to be made for PPOMA_BBP?

TIA.

Regards

Vinay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

One should not delete the EBP users as there is an impact on existing document

Rather create one dummy org unit and move all the unwanted user's here and delimit the su01 user and also delimit the position of the user's in the org unit and if you wish you can lock the su01 user's

Hope this helps

Regards

Trinath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Trinath is right, deleting EBP users might lead to problems with existing documents:

You'll get an attribute error if you try to access a document which, for example, has a deleted user as the requestor. You won't be able to view the document anymore on the Portal/NWBC. If the document is in approval, you won't be able to approve it, even if done from UWL... This error also comes up if the user exists but is not assigned in the org structure...

Using dummy org units is one way of handling it but this might interfere with your license debate.

Check OSS note 1507030. This note has program code in order to change the partner relations if a user is deleted for exampe --> bad performance but it works...

To delete a user you can use transaction users_gen. The last option is for deleting users together with their position(if this is required). Here you can do everything with one step --> delete SU01 user and also position in org structure.

Hope this helps.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Both.. thank you for the replies. I will present them to the customer and will take a call on that.

Regards

Vinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have presented the various options. The team will take a decision on that.

Regards

Vinay.