cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login screen in web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to develop a log in screen in web dynpro. Can anyone guide me to any documentation on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

If your idea is to put your WebDynpro application in Portal, then the portal itself aunthenticates the user and you can capture this user in the login page of your application, if required.

Or else, if you need to authorize UI elements in your WebDynpro application(UI elements are visible only to authorized users) by using the security API provided by SAP. This is done by creating users and roles in UME.When you deploy and run your application, SAPs login screen appears.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Satish,

I believe there are no documents specifically for Log in screen. Capture the login details from the user through a webdynpro screen and authenticate it by refering to a database table in the R/3 back-end through an RFC. I hope this will help you.

But if you can tell your requirement more specifically then it will be helpful.

Regards,

Jaydeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jaydeep,

Thanks for the reply. I am looking to authenticate the user to the Portal and not to R/3 system. Will i have to write a custom login module or just use the standard jaas form. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

As for as my knowldge is considered you can dovelop login page using webdynpros, you can develop coustom one as well as JAAS one also.

I dovloped a login page for a HR website but validating in R/3 code but your requirement seems to be for portal, you can very well do this..

Regards,

RK