Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many DEV clients are possible?

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fellow Members,

This brings back to basic question in QGM/ChaRM: How many DEV clients possible when using QGM or ChaRm? I have go through the Dolores's descriptive blog http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/22/change-request-management-scenario-usual-qu...

on the first topic How many development clients are possible?. I understood the usage of several Z transport layers for different DEV clients.

But I got very confused with the ending statement in above blog  "SAP should always suggest to set up only one development client to avoid inconsistences in the follow up systems, and make the whole scenario more complex. "Merged" transport routes, I mean two development clients pointing to the same target, are not SAP recommended configuration, due to this this scenario is not supported in Charm."

So my question is Have anyone of you tried using multiple DEV clients in real customer landscape? What was your experience? Can I make use of multiple clients in QGM in 7.1?

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

fist we have a system landscape with multiple DEV Clients for one PRD Client BUT we do not use QGM but we do use ChaRM.

we use a lot of clients and transport from DEV_100 to QAS_100 to PRD_100 or DEV_101 to QAS_101 to PRD_101. And we use a central DEV client (001) to transport customizing that is applied to all Clients. Every Transport request that is released in client 001 is imported to QAS 001, 100 and 101.

as far as i can say its working, but the developer/customizer must always be sure what he is doing and what things should be distributed over all clients and what shouldn't.

regards

Alex