cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc to SOAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Team,

I have configured the IDOC to SOAP sceanrio. While testing the End to End scenario, i am facing issue while posting data to Webservice.

If i trigger IDOC data from RTW--> Component Monitor-->IE--> Test message tab, it works fine and data is reaching to target Webservice.

But If i try to trigger data from ECC system....IDOC reached to PI and PI processed successfully and Receiver channel/Message Monitor also shows as successful. But data is not reached to Target Webservice.

can you please help me to understand, why the Message processed successfully from RTW test message and why it is not working when i test End to end.

Best Regards,

Prasanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

It means there was some issue with the request message or in the channel configuration.

Reasons may be No soap envelope, invalid channel, no receiver aggrement etc.

You can refer the below blogs:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1858907

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3208608

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1859917

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Do the test configuration from ID.

Copy the payload from message mapping and give the sender and receiver communication component.

you can see whether the configuration is correct or not..

check the payload in RWB or in MONI, whether the pipelines steps are executing perfectly or not.

also check with web service provider, did they got data, when you sent the test message..

i think problem is with the web service..

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav,

As i mentioned on previous  reply's, Till Message monitor we are able to see success logs and it is working fine when we trigger from RTW--> Test message Tab.

Please suggest

egards,

Prasanth

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasath,

I think Michal is correct that you need to check your payload since it is not working except from the test tab.  I have had specific issues when calling web services in the past where the service expects namespace designations on all elements but PI does not include those by default unless you import an external definition that describes that and map it.  The best way to find out what is not happening is to check the logs & traces on the web service side to see what errors might be occurring.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan Crosby,

While Test through RTW, it is working fine and Data is inserted in Webservice.

But while test End to End, the PI receiver is not HIT the Webservice it self. So we are not able to get any logs from Webservice.

Also i have tried by re-creating ID objects (Channel....). then i have tested  again end to end. now alos i am able  to post data to webservice from RTW. but when triggered data from ECC, it shows error as shown below now:

Delivery of the message to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.MessagingException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/HTTP/ADAPTER.HTTP_EXCEPTION - HTTP 500 Server Error.

Regards,

Prasanth

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

According to what you have posted you are executing the web service but you are getting an HTTP return code of 500 indicating a server error.  So you are reaching the web service but you are getting a response that indicates that the server encountered an error.  See the description of that status code here:

10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

So, that points to the fact that there is some issue that needs to be researched on the web server end.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Receiver channel/Message Monitor also shows as successful. But data is not reached to Target Webservice.

if in the channel logs you see that the call was done to the WS then it can be an issue with the payload (mapping) - which may be different in test tab in RWB and a real IDOC,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michal Krawczyk,

The payload i have used is same in both the cases.. Also the output payload is same in both cases.

Please suggest me for further debug.

Also i have configured IDOC to SOAP (Asynchronous) sceanrio.

Regards,

Prasanth

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with soap ui if you can reach the webservice with and use the result from your mapping as input.

If SOAP UI don't work, the problem is at the webservice side or at the connection.

Maybe you can then ask the webservice developer for a trace to see if the data really has reached the webservice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter Jonker,

I have tested with SOAP UI, working fine and data reached to target webservice and updated the data.

we had checked with webservice developer as well and he confirmd that data not reached when i tested End to end. and Data reached to Webservice, when i test from Test Message tab.

Please suggest me.

Regards,

Prasanth