cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Records in DD-field not shown

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a dd-field in a column in a table. It should display 3 entries but it does not and I cannot find the error. In the context I declared the ALV_TABLE node which contains the fields and 1 more node FLOOR, which has an atribute of type String. That attribute is bound to the DD-Field. In the supply function I have this code:

DATA: context_node    TYPE REF TO cl_wdr_context_node,
        context_element TYPE REF TO cl_wdr_context_element,
        line            TYPE string.

context_element ?= parent_element.

context_node    ?= context_element->node.

context_element ?= context_node->parent_element.

line = context_element->get_index( ).
  node->bind_elements( MYTABLE ).

What am I missing or where is the error ??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

uppu_narayan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi jorge,

to preselect a value in the drop down you have to set the leadselection to the value you want to display initially. regarding the supply function, the supply function gets called every time you try to access the  node. so instead of using supply function i will suggest to write your code in the wdoint() if the drop down values are not going to change otherwise unneccssarily it keeps calling the supply function every time you access the node.

regards,

narayan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I found my error but I´d like to know how to preselect the values in the dd-field. So far I´ve been working with a supply function for getting the possible values. The problem is that the supply function is called every time that an event occurs, so the values selected on the screen are gone.

What could be the reason for this ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you change cell editor of column to make input field into  dropdown field