Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMAN condition type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I have used JMAN condition type to enter the manual excise details in my Factory Pricing Procedure.

There are a few questions I had:

1.  The condition type JMAN has a condition class of Taxes.  Should this condition be maintained in my tax procedure as it is missing there?

2. When the std pricing procedure for factory sale - JINFAC was checked this condition type did not have any Account Key assigned - Should an account key be assigned by us to ensure the values hit the excise G/Ls? - I tried assigning EXD to the JMAN condition type but during billing am getting this error

"Error in account determination: table T030K key LKR EXD - Message no. FF709"

3. Can I create a seperate manual excise condition for AED values too?  This is an "As such" scenario wherein I need to pass on exact excise values to my customer.

Regards

Shiv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding, JMAN condition is a manual excise condition used in SD for entering the excise values manually and value you enter here automatically adopts to your A/R BED condition.

and you maintain the G/L accounts for your excise accounts in the transaction - VKOA.

Only for VAT/CST you have maintain the GL against the account key in transaction - OB40.

Hope it is clear.

Please elaborate your scenario so that you can get the best solution.

Thanks n Regards,

7 REPLIES 7

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Maintain settings in OB40

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding, JMAN condition is a manual excise condition used in SD for entering the excise values manually and value you enter here automatically adopts to your A/R BED condition.

and you maintain the G/L accounts for your excise accounts in the transaction - VKOA.

Only for VAT/CST you have maintain the GL against the account key in transaction - OB40.

Hope it is clear.

Please elaborate your scenario so that you can get the best solution.

Thanks n Regards,

0 Kudos

Hello FC

Thanks for the reply.

I had the following questions:

1. Do I need to assign an account key to the JMAN condition type?

2.  How does the system automatically adopt the A/R BED condition?

With regards to the scenario the customer wants to sell Raw Material (I have read other posts on the same),  the material type is HALB.

In this instance the client wants to pass on the credit "As such" to his customer and hence wanted to input the manual excise details through the JMAN conditition type...need to create one more for Manual condition type for AED...

Regards

Shiv

0 Kudos

Dear,

1.Do I need to assign an account key to the JMAN condition type?

Yes .Without maintaining account key for that condition type ,how can you post that amount into finance and How would you say ,it is Discount / Surcharge / Base Price ?

2.  How does the system automatically adopt the A/R BED condition?

Donno .

Thanks,

Naren

0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

In Standard for JMAN condition type condition class will be 'Taxes' which will be in suitable in case of TAXINJ but not in case of TAXINN. In case of condition based tax procedure you have to make condition class as Discount or Surcharge & calculation should be percentage. If it is taxes means system asks you G/L assignment from T.CODE: OB40. In AED case in v/06 settings for that particular condition type make the settings  in changes which can be made(mark the check boxes for both amount/percentage and value) and enter the require values manually at the time of sales order creation in item conditions. You have to assign the account key for the condition type to post the excise duty values into the respestive G/Ls which is mandatory. you have to assign the respective G/Ls in T.CODE: VKOA. If you want to sell HALB extend the sales views for that material type. So make sure that which TAX procedure you are using TAXINJ OR TAXINN. Only in case of TAXINJ there is link with SD pricing procedure. In case of TAXINN there is no link between SD pricing procedure and TAX procedure(which for MM and FI).

Let me know if you have any doubts.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

0 Kudos

Dear Himavanth

Thanks for the reply,

It has clarified quiet a few doubts.

I will change the condition type to Discount or Surcharge and try.  I'm sorry for not making it clear earlier...the tax procedure is TAXINN...so i feel your advice should help.

I will post the details post running this transaction.

Regards

Shiv

0 Kudos

Dear Himavanth

I created two new manual condition types for inputting the "As Such" excise values.  I kept the condition Class as"Discount/Surcharge" and it works.

The process followed for anyone with similar issue was:

1. Create two new condition types with the condition class as "Discount/Surcharge"

2. Assign the same to the Pricing Procedure which in the above scenario was derived from JINFAC,

3. Assign Account Key to the condition types...in the above instance the account key assigned was "EXD"

4. Assign the condition types to Classify Condition Types as BEDARTOT A/R BED TOT and AEDARTOT A/R AED TOT

5. Assign the movement type used in delivery to the "Specify Which Movement Types Involve Excise Invoices".

Regards

Shiv