cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we develop SUP MBOs based appliaction which can connect multiple data sources

amey_baisane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Now I can say, I have a good understanding of MBO development using  Sybase Mobile SDK development tooling. I have develop and deploy an MBO package using SAP as backend data source and it works pritty fine as well...

Now there are few question that comes to my mind when I am going in to the detail of MBO design,

Like, I have to develop an SUP based application which require a data to be access from different data sources like,

1 ) SAP

2) Oracle database and

3) web services

So is it possible that I can connect all this data sources in to my enterprise explorer (Sybase Mobile SDK) and develop an MBO and deploy the application to the Unwired server.

2. If I am able to deploy the application on the Unwired server, So  while deploying the appliation we need to set the connection profile so do I need to set all the three connection profile for respective MBOs is this work only in this way or what ?

2. If the above case is possible then how can I access this data from the front end appliation.

1. what if all this back end needs an user authentication before accessing the data, I know in terms of SAP to access the RFC we need the authenticated user so I have use and implement "HttpAutheticationLoginModule" in my application and set personalization parameter to the MBO level (user name and password) which can pass from the front end application as Login username and password.

But what if in the above case different data sources have different username and password how we can mannage and track this?

So if anyone can explain that how the above scenario will work then it will be very helpfull...

Kind Regards,

- Amey Baisane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

in case of where you have more than one backend source, yes you have to select all 3 connection profile.

i am attaching one snapshot where i have designed 2 MBOs from 2 different conenction profiles.

same way u may go ahead with 3 connection profiles.

Regards,

Jitendra

amey_baisane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Thanks for your reply!!!!

Now could you also put some light on how we can achieve the authentication scenario...

Like we are developing two MBOs from two different SAP connection and want to use this from native application..

As I know if we set the personalization parameter (Runtime datasource credential) at the MBO level same will be pass from front end to unwired server to SAP to access the RFC/BAPI

But how it will work when we have two different MBO design from two different SAP connection and both the MBOs has personalization parameter (Runtime datasource credential) set.

How we can pass two different credentials to two different MBOs to get the data in one application ?

I think I am able explain my question (as question itslef lookin way too complicated) if you want more clarification on my doubt then please let me know

Kind Regards,

-Amey Baisane

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

AFAIK,

as you have mentioned you have created MBOs with 2 different SAP backend, you may need not to pass 2 set of credentials. You can implement SSO where both backend's credentials are mapped with each other.
e.g. for backend1 you have user1, password1
and  for backend2 you have user2, password2

user1 will map to user2
same case with password also.

i hope this idea will help you.

Regards,

Jitendra

amey_baisane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jitendra,

Thanks for your reply....

Your answers are really helping me to clear my doubts....

Yes, I have read about SSO, but never implemented it but I think SSO will solve this problem....

Just a question, might be a silly one but I really need to clear the concept So, I have to ask this...

you are mentioning that mapping of user1 to user2 and same for password as well..

does it mean that user1 and user2 should have same user name and password on different systems.

Kind Regards,

-Amey

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

username should be same since same user with access 2 diff system..right?

password could be different

Regards,

Jitendra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DoanManhQuynh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amey.

If you done deploy project with multi data sources binding so I think you could use sychronize parameter instead of personel parameter. which synchronize parameter you set, the corresponding MBO will be "run".Other hand, event you have multi personel parameter but you dont values 1 of them then the MBO dont get sychronize, I think so. Maybe you should get some MBO with same backend in 1 sync group then in native app you could sync that group only .

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What type of a client are you working with?  I assume you are using a native client and not a Hybrid Web Client. 

If you happen to be using a hybrid web client the following sample provides details on how to work with credentials in a hybrid app. 

Credentials in a Mobile Workflow  https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-149768

amey_baisane
Participant
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Thank you very much for reply...

For the above the case I was considering a native approach... but still the link that you have provide,gives a good understanding of how to use the credential with Hybrid application....

Kind Regards,

-Amey