cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error transporting Directory objects 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

We are having problems transporting Directory objects. We are in version 7.31 Java Only. We have 3 enviroments and 3 different SLD, one for each instance.

In previous versions 7.0 and 7.1 when the Business System was called the same in all the enviroments we didn't need to define transport rule in SLD. ¿Is this option still valid in 7.3? I think so ... But ....

When we try to transport an object from a Business System that is called exactly the same way we are getting the typicall error:

"Obligatory transport target for business system ...."

The weird thing is that we've implemented  the transport rule too and we still keep on getting the same error ....

¿Any idea what is going on?

We've already done "Cache Refreshes" ....

Thanks in advance for your time.

Best wishes.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

Tank u so much for your help. The problem was an inconstency in SDL host names.

Note 1059576 - XI Directory import fails due to inconsistent SLD host names

Now everything is working and we don't need transport rule if the name of the Business System is the same.

Best regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank both u so much.

Let me explain better:

Scenario 1

Name of Business System exactly the same in all the enviroments. I would not need transport rule,at leas t that was the case in previous versions, but it is not working.

Scenario 2

Business System names are different. Both systems are created in my destiny SLD and the transport rule is already genereted. It's not working as well.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Have you checked the transport groups as well ? Also please send the screenshot of the QA SLD  of the DEV business system where the transport target is defined.

Ambrish

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chico,

I did this recenlty.

First syncrhonize your all SLDs use this below link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60a44163-4ff8-2c10-839e-af7cdf58f...

Follow the below points:

In SLD DEV, create BS Transport Groups as below or comapre if you did already:

1. BS_DEV_Group:  Assign all DEV BSs to this group.

2. BS_QA_Group: Assign all QA BSs to this group.

3. BS_PRD_Group: Assign all PRD BSs to this group.

Now  in SLD DEV only, Assign BS Transport Groups as below or comapre if you did already:

For Example BS_DEV Business System:

Select BS_DEV and goto Transport Tab, in the right side click om "Add/Change Target" Button,

Enter in the Popup, Target Group and Target BS as like BS_QA for BS_QA_Group and BS_PRD for BS_PRD_Group.

Regards,

Sreeni.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

If you are transporting to a QA system, each Dev business system should exists in the SLD for QA and should have a transport target. For example: BS_XYZ_DEV and BS_XYZ_QA should exist and transport target of BS_XYZ_DEV should be BS_XYZ_QA. This should be the 3rd tab under business system as Add/change target.

Ambrish

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you imported the Dev TS and BS into the QA SLD?

once that is done, please assign the transport path i.e Dev -> QA in the respective business system