cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two product versions of the same product are assigned to the product system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I just upgraded my Solution Manager System to 7.1. If re-executed all my System Preperations and Basic configuration in SOLMAN_SETUP. I am now running my Verification Checks in SOLMAN_WORKCENTER. All have been successful except my Production System. I am receiving the follwing error:

PEC (Product System) Successor product version EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01 of older product version EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 assigned

Cause

Two product versions of the same product are assigned to the product system.

What to do

Remove the product instances of one of the product versions from the system.

If I go to Product Versions, I see them, but I can't figure out how to delete the one I don't need.

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Diana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Diana

You should see the product version(s) under the technical system - software (in your screenshot).

A technical system is provisioned automatically through synchronization of local system data to the system landscape directory (SLD) and futher synchronization from the SLD to the landscape management database (LMDB).

A product system is always created manually and a product system consists out of one or more technical systems.

This means that the product version of the product system has a relation with the product version(s) of the technical system(s).

For example:

AA1 is a SAP ERP 6.0 so technical system AA1 is generated automatically through SLD - LMDB synchronization and the product version of AA1 is SAP ERP 6.0

When you create product system AA1 in LMDB, the product version will be empty upon creation. Only after you add a technical system to this product system, the process will provide options to select the product version for the product system

Here, you can see that by default, a proposal is made, based on the technical system you add but you can even search through free text to select something you would find to be correct.

In this case, I would flag the "Assigned" indicator and go for the proposal since it's correct.

After this, when I look at the Product System (spot that you have in your screenshot) I will see SAP ERP 6.0 as product version. If I now delete the technical system from this product system, the SAP ERP 6.0 will disappear as product version for the product system.

If I would select freely and for example choose SAP CRM, the wizard would provide me the possible options for SAP CRM and I can select a product instance there. What happens next? The technical system AA1 in the product system will have product version SAP CRM and the product system will have product version SAP CRM.

If you would go back to the start of LMDB and display the technical system AA1, it will have product version SAP ERP 6.0 (automatically provisioned and correct) and also display product version, SAP CRM because I assigned this to the technical system when I added the technical system in the product system.

I hope this makes sense and gives you a better view on things.

One option is of course to use the verification wizard which can automate steps and help you out to clean up things or change things so it's consistent. If the verification wizard doesn't do what you want, you can change things yourself. To correct your product system, you can edit the technical system assigned to it. In the left pane, highlight Technical Systems and in the right pane, select the line of the technical system. Once you do this, you have the option "Edit Selected" available in which you can choose the correct product version assignment (or change the existing one).

Best regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tom! That did the trick.

-Diana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Diana, if you see on log of "verification tool" there you can remove the inconsistencies of add the correct product version.

regards,

Luis