cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parser used to convert graphical mapping to Java code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As we all know, the graphical mapping gets converted to .class and .java file and gets executed in the runtime.

What is the underlying parse that is used in such java code. Is it DOM or SAX?

I could not get any info on this, hence posting the question here.

Regards

Aparna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aparna,

SAX parser is used there.

Precisely speaking, when the mapping program is executed, this is done in multi-thread way: parsing of the payload is done in the parser thread (thread name: "parser") and generation of the target message (namely, application of transformation rules that are defined for target elements and potentially utilizing parsed source message elements in order to build and fill the target message structural elements) is done in the ouptut thread (thread name: "output").

Here, the focus is on the parser thread. When being called, it creates a SAX parser instance using SAXParserFactory. Later on, this parser instance is used to actually parse the entire XML document of the source message. The particular parser class name is specified in the respective property that is used by SAXParserFactory to identify which SAX parser implementation is to be used.

You can clearly see the used SAX parser from runtime as well if you take a look at a call stack of the parser thread at a time of its execution.

Regards,

Vadim

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see any document that shows detail about the parser usage either. IMHO, SAP might be using at least in the latest version  JDOM parsers  which is pretty efficient than DOM and SAX parsers.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna - It should be SAX parser but even i didn't find much information on this.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my understanding is that it would be a SAX parser since DOM is usually performance intensive