cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading Webi to iOS device?

Eniedfeldt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Having trouble "downloading" a local copy of a webi to an iPad or iPhone.  Is this even possible? 

I'm on the latest version of the SAP BI mobile app, with iOS 6.1.  Our BOBJ server is patched to 4.5.3 and the mobile server is as follows:

<version productVersion="14.0.5.957" internalVersion="2.0" /><settings><setting key="savePassword" value="true" /><setting key="feature.streamwork.enabled" value="false" /><setting key="offlineStorage.ttl" value="182" /><setting key="offlineStorage" value="true" /><setting key="offlineStorage.appPwd" value="true" />

So we can work with Webi in "offline mode" but the catch is, you have to always connect to the server first.  I would like to be able to download a webi to my iPhone/iPad and take it on a plane and look at the reports without having to connect to the server.

Message was edited by: Edward Niedfeldt Ok, so I think I'm reporting a non-issue.  So long as I don't mess with the connection, I can still use the previously downloaded Webis in offline mode.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edward ,

1.From the login screen, select, or deselect Work offline.

2. OpentheapplicationmenuandselectLogin. Youcanchooseofaccessinglocalor serverdocuments.

If you select server documents, a message appears warning you that you have to connect to the

server to access server documents:

a. Select No to continue working with local documents only.

b. Select Yes to connect to the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform server and

access server documents.

You can only access local documents if you have saved them to your device in a previous session.

Thank You,

Haresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edward,

If you want to work on Offline mode then you have to do below setting for that..

On Mobile Application log in and -> Go to setting -> (Network Option) Work offline (on)

Now You can see the report if are not log on to SAP Server or connection..

This may help you.. if not then let me know further ..!!!!

Thank You,

Haresh