Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Vendor Master Record Names

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

Apologies in advance if this question has been asked, but I've done a search and couldn't come up with anything meaningful. I've been asked the question of whether it is possible to restrict, through authorization objects, the naming convention of vendors upon vendor creation with MK01.  The installation has it configured so vendors names are typically a mix of alphanumeric characters and not just straight numbers.

Is it possible for me to restrict, for example, users to create vendors only beginning with "AAA" using authorization objects?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

not with standard auth. objects. You can try to extend MK01. There is a routine called BERECHTIGUNGS_PRUEFUNGEN that performs all authorization checks. So it seems to be a good place to add additional checks there using implicit enhancement point.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

not with standard auth. objects. You can try to extend MK01. There is a routine called BERECHTIGUNGS_PRUEFUNGEN that performs all authorization checks. So it seems to be a good place to add additional checks there using implicit enhancement point.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin for the response.  It confirms that there is no way to restrict using standard authorization objects.  I'll be marking this thread as answered.