cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create the access to Facebook for Sentiment Analysis aims?

0 Kudos

Hi Guys, i need a help in how to create and enable the access to Facebook to get the users'comments on specific product to load (ETL) them using Data Service then save on HANA ? but in my case i need the guidance on how to create Facebook API ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member26693
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mirella,

I believe that you may have posted your question in the incorrect forum. This forum is for the product SAP Streamwork, can you please tell me what product your question relates to and I will attempt to move your question to the correct forum if I can.

Regards,

Patrick Dinneen

Support Engineer, SAP Customer Success Delivery

SAP Cloud Support

0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

I will explain more clearly, my task is to connect to find a way to connect to social media like Facebook to get the feedback or comments of users on for example shoes product, so that i could store those data on the HANA , and then apply Sentiment Analysis on the data ( figuring out negative, positive and neutral ), Applications for this task are Hana Plattform, Business Objects Data Service and Sentiment Analysis as well as connect it with CRM because of Campaign aims.

My problem that i need a way which make it clear for me like a guidance which i can follow the steps and get the system working

Thank you

Mirella

ChristophLaux
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mirella,

do you have an ABAP stack in place while fetching the data?

If so you could use parts of the Social Media ABAP Integration Library (SAIL). This library has basically two layers. The top layer reflects the SAP StreamWork / Jam model, whereas the bottom layer is more generic and can be used to call potentially every REST API. A problem could be the authentication, since only OAuth 1.0a is supported out of the box, but using a BAdI even this issue could be solved.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Christoph

0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

i thank you very much, I have got the data using Eclipse and in JSON Format, then i converted them into XML then made DTD ...but there is always a problem that the BODS doesnt interpret good the structure of XML and DTD ...for example i want specific some element from DTD to be transfered but it doesnt work even if i did unnest ....always having problem. Any Idea, i thought about converting my JSON Data into CSV(Excel)..but it won't work because CSV won't interpret the strunture correctly ...what is the solution!! you think the only one is using MS SQL 2008 then tranform it using BODS then load on the HANA??

Thanks very much

Best Regards,

Mirella

ChristophLaux
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mirella,

sorry I can't comment on those questions, since I don't work in such an environment.

Best regards,

Christoph

0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

No problem, I thank you very much !

Regards,

Mirella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mirella,

It is quite interesting because I found your posting while I am trying to develop similar requirement. I believe you already completed your project by this time, can you please guide me how to get to data from Facebook further load into HANA for analysis through BODS.

Highly appreciated your help here.

Regards,

Ian

0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

I will tell what did in general, and sorry for being late, i was having exams and having exams 😞

what i did is to program a scrapper using Java language (eclipse) and the saving the data in txt Document but containing JSON format. After having  all extracted data i have had to convert the JSON files to possible  understandable formats by HANA Studio and by Data Service Designer to be  able to extract the data and load on the HANA Database, Formats are  CSV, XML&DTD and Excel. the best one is Excel xls, Why ?? it is the  simplest and by converting doesn't require high Memory of the PC. so i  have choose the Excel then the required tool to use for loading is Data  Service Designer. The Importing the Data from Excel and saving them on  the repository of the DSD is successfully done as well as one could  apply Sentiment Analysis on the imported data from Excel then on the  following Dataflow, one could refine the data, improve the quality of  the data along the DataFlow then at the end the data will be  successfully loaded on the HANA Database for the further processes by  other Tools like CRM RDS tools and so on.

Hope that i gave you what you wanted to have !!!!

Regards,

Mirella

former_member200473
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mirella,

Could you please share the code or the algorithm for the same

Regards,

Shiva Sahu

0 Kudos

Hello shiva,

Am so sorry am not authorized to do it 😞

Sorry.

Regards,

Mirella

former_member200473
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mirella,

I Totally agree with you.

is it possible to explain the approach used
For example : the tools , confirguration, methodology used (like you might have used the IDE from/for Facebook ) and hope this will not break authorization .

Just wanted to prepare a demo on that.

Thanks & Regards,

Shiva Sahu

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

No problem, all you have to do is to create Java-Scrapper, of course you have to create classes to build the structure of the info in a form you want to have.

you need to creat an Facebook-application using developer.facebook.com. To be able to get the comments or data you need, you have to get access token through created fb-application. I recommend you to read the references on the developer.facebook.com

you can program your scrapper in a way when it gets finished from loading the data from facebook to convert and save whether in XML or CSV or JSON.

Preferly to convet into xml or csv or xls, they are understandable formats for HANA or CRM application.

Regards,

Mirella