Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collate option doesn't work properly

fabio_perencin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a problem with the collate option of the SAPWIN printer driver.

My situation is:

Print Program RLE_DELNOTE

Smartform custom

Message set for the SAPWIN device type and 4 copies

Host spool access method G

In the Windows XP system the collate option on the printer proprieties is set. When I do the output for the delivery I see on the Windows popup the flag Collate set but it print without the collate function 1-1-1-1, 2-2-2-2 ecc...

This problem is began when i installed the Sap Gui 7.30 patch 4.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance.

Fabio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Fabio,

You might try updating to the SWIN driver in SAP as it's more current  for Windows with access method "G: Front End Printing with Control Tech".  See if that helps.

Regards,

Graham

fabio_perencin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

I tried to set the driver SWIN but the result it is the same.

I noticed, however, that when the windows print popup come out, the flag Collate is flagged but disabled.

If I change the number of the copies, it come enabled and the Collate work properly. Only if I change the copies the collates work.

Is it a bug?

thanks

Fabio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fabio,

we have the same problem.

Have you solved it?

Best regards,

Galina

fabio_perencin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Galina,

we don't solve the problem with the Sapgui 730. I had reinstalled the old 720 that probably work better with the our printer driver.

I know that it is a bad workaround, but it worked.

I'm sorry if I can't help you more...

Best regards

Fabio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

we have the same problem and we didn't find a solution yet.

Have you solved the problem?

Also us solve the problem reinstalling SAP GUI 720, but it is not a optimal solution...

Thank you and best regards

Matteo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

I think I've found the solution.

We are testing it tomorrow, the problem is solved with SAP GUI 730 patch 6 as described in note Note 1900751 - Frontend printing: Wrong collation.

Ciao,

Matteo

fabio_perencin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo,

we didn't solved the problem with the last SAPgui release and the collate function.

I don't know if in this time frame from here I posted this thread, SAP  released a SAPgui Patch or an OSS note. I don't have verified, because at the moment the 7.20 still works in the workspace where we recorded the problem.

Sorry but I don't had a lot of time to solve that problem and I had to get a workaround with an immediate effect.

Best regards

Fabio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and I confirm that note 1900751 fixed it completely. Thank you.

Answers (0)