cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message for user in travel portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to display message(its not a pop-up) in a travel portal page. i found the wd component- FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA, In PD_MEALS_FIELDS(flow layout) have add message under 'Per deim Reimbursement for meals' .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

your embedded picture is not working can you reupload it / embed it again? When you say you want a 'message' do you really mean a message thrown via the message manager or do you just mean a Text in a Label-UI or TextView UI? Please elaborate on that.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for that one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragavendiran,

Thanks for the picture but as Luke said can you please confirm if you need a message to show based on an event or just a text in a lbel of the field?

Thanks

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ankur,

If checkbox(per diem reimbursement for meals) is enabled i should display message(below to that per diem,marked in the screen).

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Event Update_View: You will need to create a text field which is invisible and in ONACTIONUPDATE_VIEW write your logic to make text field visible when the 'Per Diem Reimbursement for Meal checkbox is ticked' else leave the message as invisible.

Cheers.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ragavendiran,

you cannot display a "message" below that checkbox, messages are always displayed in the mesage area on top of the WDA. What you can do is create an enhancement, then create a custom context node with an attribute WDUI_VISIBILITY and create a custom TextView-UI-Element in the Layout and bind that context-attribute to it (I think this is what you actually want). Then you need to either postexit the action-handler of the standard checkbox, or in case there isn't any, dynamically register an event plus an event handler to it in runtime within which you would then poll whether the textbox is checked and respectively change your custom context attribute to manipulate the visibility of your custom textview.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankur,

Still text is invisible in portal.

I have created one text view UI element with invisible protperties. and also i have binded the visible properties to newly created attribute(type WDUI_VISIBILITY).

Code: 

DATA: lv_value type wdui_visibility.
wd_comp_controller->update_view = abap_true.

wd_context->get_attribute(

EXPORTING name = 'TEXT_MEALS'
IMPORTING value = lv_value ).
wd_context->set_attribute(
EXPORTING name = 'TEXT_MEALS'
value = '01'

).

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ragavendiran,

Sorry to be so blunt but your code doesn't remotely make sense. In my opinion you should do something like this (assuming you have your own UI-Element and a respective Context attribute WDUI-VISIBILITY bound to it):

Pseudocode:

Post-Exit of ONACTIONUPDATE_VIEW:

1. Get the attribute 'checked' for PD_MEALS inside the action handler

IF pd_meals = checked --> SET custom WDUI_VISIBILTY of your custom TEXT_UI to '02' i.e. visible.

ELSEIF pd_meals = not_checked --> SET custom WDUI_VISIBILTY of your custom TEXT_UI to '01' i.e. invisible.

Cheers, Lukas

Answers (0)