cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ESS - Change ESTIMATED_COST state to 'normal'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

I have a problem with managing the Travel Web Dynpro ABAP Component FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA (View GENERAL_DATA_VIEW) and I hope someone can help me.

We use the SAP Standard ESS/MSS in our company. I realize, that you can customize the most UI Elements in the Homepage Framework and Standard Customizing but I dont find the point for changing the state of the estimated costs of a trip. In se80 I see, that the state of the UI element ESTIMATED_COST ist (not bound) 'normal'. But when I start the Page in Portal the state is always 'required'. How can I change the default state of this point??

We only want to set the 'course costs' by employee and no other. And when the trip is not a externally training we dont need to set the costs anymore..

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I moved this to the Travel Management forum but please note that trip schema PL has some limitations as to what can be customized via FITVFELD_WEB transaction so just to keep that in mind as alot of underlying processes attached to it, so not advisable to highly customize trip schema PL..but for thios requirement, if you look under general data for HEAD_PERIO-ESTIMATED_COST  - if this is set to standard then the field should not be a required one for travel request. Also doublecheck your TRVFD variant via tcode PE03 as well.

cheers

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sally for moving the thread.

I think I found the Problem but I dont know why my change is without effect. I check the Customizing of TRVFD and only find a field for extimated cost documentation. Not for the Input field.

So I look into the NetWeaver Portal role and open the page for creating a trip. The configuration for the state was set to 'required' by personalization. I set the state to 'not personalized' and save but without an effect. The Portal was restartet by the Basis and the state is still 'required'..

Is there any point i miss to change? The Backend Web Dynpro Configuration isn't modified. It must be another point in Portal or in HCM Customizing. I also try to set the state of the Web Dynpro UI Element to required and after that back to normal in the Web Dynpro View GENERAL_DATA_VIEW but also without an effect..

Hope that someone can help me..

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

check the customization of this field in  FITVFELD_WEB

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/1c/be4941bfb4de2be1000000
0a1550b0/frameset.htm

and

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/f0/ca3fec260211d28a430000
e829fbbd/frameset.htm