Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase EAServer 6.3.1 EOL Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,!

Hope you are fine.

We just need to you give the detail about Sybase EA Server 6.3.1 Support Lifecycle.

As we the Sybase EA Server 5.x is being obsoleted and currently 6.3.1 is running so we want to also know the Support lifecycle of this new Sybase 6.3.1 Version. When this new version would be able to Ended of its main stream support and Extended Support.

Awaiting for your kind response!

Regards

Adeel Imtiaz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all, Could anyone help us with finding security patch for EAServer 6.3.1.  there are serval vulnerabilities of 6.3.1 version,such as: 1) Directory traversal 2) XML entity injection 3) OS command execution but we could not find the EBF, not any of link of sybase now, all link points to SAP frontpage. Thank you so much!~ Best regards, Ke Yuan

terry_penna
Participant
0 Kudos

Yuan,

There will be no security patch for EAServer 6.3.1 due to it being out of mainstream support as of 01/31/2015.  I am not sure if you are using EAServer with RepConnector? If that is the case the upgrade path is to use JBOSS or WebLogic in replacement of EAServer.  Those two app servers are the only one Replication Server Repconnector supports now.

Regards

Terry Penna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Terry, upgrade to JBOSS or WebLogic is impossible(from our vendor's reply),  anyway, thank you so much !

terry_penna
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi yuan

I am curious why your vendor would have the position to not use some other application sever since EAServer is no longer being moved forward as a product and is out of support? 

Are you using RepConnector in EAServer currently?

-Terry

kimon_moschandreou
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

According to SAP PAM (product availability matrix) we have

Delivery:01/01/2013
End of Mainstream Maintenance:01/31/2015

Best regards,

Kimon

krscheffler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Adeel,

I am moving this question to the appropriate space so that you get quicker assistance.

Thank you!

Kristen