Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while Printing Multiple copies of smartform.

0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a requirement of printing 3 copies of the smartform .

1st for Carrier , 2nd for Shiper and 3rd for Vendor.

I have done it with the help of copy window.

This is showing proper result on the screen .

I am forwarding output-tdcopies = 3 means no of copies as 3.

But when trying to print the pages from the printer , it is giving me 3 copies of 1st copy means currently it is printing 3 copies of carrier only , which is myt frist page.Kindly suggest.

9 REPLIES 9

former_member458055
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Give condition for the text based on page no.

Thanks -

Makarand

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you populate the output structure when you call your FM ?

ssfcompop-tdpageslct ( = 1-3), ssfcompop-tdcopies (= 3), ssfcompop-tdgroup (=X)

former_member206575
Participant
0 Kudos

You are printing three copies. This means that you print the output three times in the same process.

But what I think you want to do is not printing copies, but to process the output three times for a different partner. So you create three processes. Realy print the output three times (no copies).

arindam_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do you distinguish between the copies, I think in your case you just need to print pages 1-3 once so output-tdcopies = 3 should be output-tdcopies = 1 indicating its one print and then print all pages of smart form.

Cheers,

Arindam

VijayaKrishnaG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

Mention the conditions for the text elements those you have used in Copies Window for three different texts like Carrier, Shipper and Vendor basing on the page number.

Means for text element containing text 'carrier', in the conditions tab, mention condition 'If page num 1' and same fore remaining.

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Provide a condition, which differentiates the text on the basis of copy being printed.

regards,

Manu

prakashjasti
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to identify the copy which it was printing and write your own code for populating the text for

the copy.

Place a variable in the window and the ouput parameters of the window and the copies window should be same.

Regards,

Prakash.

Prakash J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This may be the KERNEL problem . Please check corrections given in note no 1706946.

Or Try calling smart form 3 times in loop and use secondary window to print the text.

Use 'SSF_OPEN' and 'SSF_CLOSE' function module for creating only 1 spool request.

harshsisodia31
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

After you are getting the o/p of the smart forms type PDF! in the command bar, this will convert your smart forms o/p in PDF format. You can take print out using this PDF format.

Hope it helps.

Harsh