cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid Time Out for processing large data.

Shivesh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have to process large Data of HR for Infotype Operation Using WebDynpro. It may take few hours also. Suggest techniques to avoid Time Out.

Regard's,

Shivesh Ranjan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hendrik_brandes
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shivesh,

It does not make sense to let the user wait too long within a WebDynpro Application.

I would suggest, to create a background-processing job and give the user a view, where he can see the current processing status. Only if this status is ready to view for the user, the WebDynpro change to the next views.

Use class CL_BP_JOB or the corresponding function module JOB_OPEN. When using this, you should build a customer-status table and eventually an enqueue object, so the processing can only be started once.

Kind regards,

Hendrik

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivesh,

In addition to what Hendrik has mentioend, you can also do parallel processing.

Lets say, you have a function module which you are calling from WD. Normally it is a synchronous call and WD session will be on hold till the time FM is processed.

What you can do is, create a wrapper function module and call your main FM like below:

CALL FUNCTION STARTING NEW TASK

This will create an internal session. However, you still need to create the status screens where user can check the current status of the request.

Cheers!

Abhinav

Shivesh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hendrik,

I agree to this point. I was also in same thought process. But, as per client. I may need to proceed with WD.

Regard's,

Shivesh Ranjan.