Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I embed HTML and Java Script in Web Dynpro APP

former_member190928
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Grus,

I have a requirement that need to send a http request to a web site(BI Ondemand) to take use of it. I cannot do it in server side since it may not access internet. So I have to create a html and java script to send this http request from client side. So you can see I need to combine html and web dynpro application. I have tried HTMLISLAND. But it require IE 10 or above version. I don't think it's a good solution for me since it may exists more ways without version issue. Could anyone help me on this? Thanks a lot!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

What I understood is that you want to send a HTTP request based on some event in Webdynpro and you also require javascript for the same. As you know, in Webdynpro Javascript is not supported, however, BSP supports the same.

So what you can do is create a BSP application in SAP. In BSP you can do javascripting. Now from BSP you can call the website based on what ever business logic you have.

And you can call the BSP application from webdynpro as popup.

I think this work around can help you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Abhinav

former_member190928
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

Thanks for your reply.

I think what you suggested should works for me:) That's really what I want. Could you give me some link of BSP tutorial? Really appreciate that:)

BR,

Steve

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

There are plenty of examples available related to BSP and Javascript. The very basic is the one given in the links below:

1. HelloWorld in BSP
  2. DateValidation

Happy Coding

Cheers!

Abhinav

former_member190928
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help, Kris & Abhinav! I will enjoy it!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member190928
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for reply.

I have read this document but actually HTML5 ISLAND need IE10 or above version support. I think my requirement could be implemented without this restriction. So maybe HTML5 is not a good solution for me? Or could you provide some solution that overcome this restriction? Please advice:) thanks

BR,

Steve