cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable operate for sales order creating at different storage locations in plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experienced consultants,

I am, now, facing with the issues regarding to block material at plant level.

My company has a plant for production and sales & distribution with many storage location as the structure below.

Plant - 1000

|

------Storage location A001 ( for Production)

|

------Storage location A002 ( for Production)

|

------Storage location A003 ( for Sales and distribution)

|

------Storage location A004 ( for Sales and distribution)

|

------Storage location A005 ( for Sales and distribution)

|

------Storage location ...............................................

Now, the issue is that business users cannot create and change sales order for a specific material no. even though different storages location. For example, when user A keys in VA01 or VA02 screen on material no. 1011045, the other users cannot create new sales order for this material no. parallely. System raises error message that "The Material no. 1011045 is locked by the user ABCD. Message no. M3897.

I want that system will check the block on modification at storage location level, not at plant level.

<text removed> Moderator Message: Priority normalized.

Could you please help me on this?. Thanks.

Thanks,

Tinh

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tinh,

This behavior is controlled in Availability Check Control(TCode OVZ2). Refer Block QtRq(Material block in availability check with transfer of quantities) active indicator maintained against your availability check. Without this indicator, material block in availability check. Further, your setting for availability is set for plant level.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jyoti,

Could you please share for me the impact on the others functionality, especially on the accuracy of availability check, when activating Block QtRp check box?

Thanks you in advance.

Regards,

Tinh

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tinh

When Block QtRq indicator is active in Availability Check Control(TCode OVZ2). With this indicator your users will be able to process sales order for same material without blocking each other. Therefore, currently, your business users are facing the similar behavior, due to this is inactive in configuration.

Further, if your business user are spread across different region and location, then this indicator plays vital role in avoiding any inconsistency in booking and carrying out availability. Thus,

Please refer following SAP Help link, which clearly explain about two blocking concepts behind this control:

- Blocking concepts for Controlling the Availability Check in SD Processing

Hope that with assist you in understanding the concept & need behind availability check control with material block in availability check with transfer of quantities(Block QtRq).

Thanks, JP

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

What I mean that when a user create sales order for Material xxxx on storage location A003, the other users cannot create sales order for Material xxxx on other storage location such as A004.

Do we have the standard configuration to allow users creating sales order in parallel for Material xxxx on different storage locations?

Thanks,

Tinh

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Have you tried what JP has suggested you? Please test that in OVZ2 and update your findings.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tinh,

You can avoid blocking by activating a check box in Availability Check Group as shown below.

Transaction code OVZ2 -> For the relevant Checking Group (e.g. 02) activate the check box for "Block Qt Rq".

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin,

Could please share for me the other impact, especially on the accuracy of availability check, in case of activating this check box?

Thanks,

Tinh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MoazzaM,

Could you please explain for me the impact in case of ticking on the Block QtRp check box?

Thanks.

Tinh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tinh,

Basically, if you check the box (BlockQtRq) then system will not block the material for other users. Say If there is 100 units stock available and I am in the process of creating a sales order for 20 units, the system will not block other users for the 20 units until I save my order.  Material will not be blocked for availability check when other users run availability check and available qty will be 100 units and not 80 units.

So multiple users can run availability check at the same time and the results will not give correct ATP qty.

Karuna

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

What I understood on your Query is ,If you create Sales Order for Material xxx with Storage Location ZZZ then no one wants to create Sales Order again with that Material in that Storage location right .If it is correct then up to me ,we doesnt have standard configuration to control this .Please go for Enhancement by ABAPer .Explain your requirement to ABAPer ,how you wanted.He will writ a logic in the user exit b/w Material Code with Storage location .

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not very much clear with your requirement but I want to share that material is blocked message comes when some user has opened that material in MM02 or some user is posting inventory for that material in MB1B or MIGO or other inventory posting transactions. As per my knowledge multiple users can create sale orders at the same time. Material is never locked in sale order. It can be locked in delivery document when you click PGI button and system gives you some error then it means material is blocked.

I hope you got my point.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tinh,

I guess you have to raise under http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/logistics-mm

Regards, Sai Krishna.