cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman_Setup Managed System Configuration Step 11 Check Configuration Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello fellow travelers,

I am running the Managed System Configuration on a ECC 6 Abap only system and in step 11, Check Configuration I am getting errors from Step 6 "Enter landscape Parameters"

Here are the errors:

• No Installation path of faysapsg2 was saved in step Enter Landscape Parameters: Please specify Installation path of faysapsg2 and save step Enter Landscape Parameters  and also: Managed systems setup | Checks user input in managed system configuration | SYSTEM =SG2~ABAP
  • No Instance path of DVEBMGS00 was saved in step Enter Landscape Parameters: Please specify Instance path of DVEBMGS00 and save step Enter Landscape Parameters and also: Managed systems setup | Checks user input in managed system configuration | SYSTEM =SG2~ABAP

However, in Step 6 the configuration wizard does not allow me to edit any fields. All nodes have the Status set to No Parameters and all are green. In fact I can see when I edit Technical systems that the directory path is actually there.  The result of saving the initial Selection of Landscape Objects is a green light and the Message:  Landscape Parameters saved for SG2/ABAP.

Has anyone run into this and know a work around?

SAP Notes did not produce any results.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another issue with the Technical System was preventing this from being resolved.  The actual system has been upgraded to EHP4 SAP ERP 6.0 but it had not been changed in SMSY before the migration to LMDB in Solution Manager.

In case anyone runs into this problem and needs a potential place to troubleshoot the issue, I resolved it by changing to the correct version of the software and Saving the Technical System which then changed Step 6, Enter the Landscape Parameters and allowed me to modify the Parameters for

"Instance DVEBMGS00 (ABAP Instance) and the upper path as well,

"Installed on path: D\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS00\work\"

and this resolved the issue in Step 11 Check Configuration step.

Thanks.  Best wishes.

Ron

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can change the values anyway, just click the "parameter" in the status column, right side it opens the entry on edit more. Now change the correct value.

if you find the values are fine, then remove the check point under

this could help to pass the test.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for the tip but right clicking the Status doesn't really do anything to allow for changes to the Parameter.  In this case, the Instance central Service Instance (Abap SVS Instance) is causing the error.  When I right click on the Status ("No parameters") and go to User Settings -> More -> the only options I have is to Discard or Hide settings but no option to change them.  Is this another permissions issue? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way, thanks for your reply and the tip.  I do appreciate it.