cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive index

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have the following requirement from our client. They want to know which output types are archived and which are not archived in production system.  we are doing analysis as follow.  I will also ask questions with the below analysis. Basically they want to change the storage mode from 1 to 3 for output types where existing mode =1

1) We will first check which all condition types have storage mode=1 in config.

2) We will then check which all condition types  with storage mode=3 in config has condition record created with storage mode=1.

3) we are told to check for ARCHIVE-INDEX is active or not in print program. that is whether parameters are passed or not. My abaper is asking how will he knows whether parameters are passed or not . And what are the parameters !

3a) . I am not sure what  ARCHIVE INDEX means and what is to be checked in the index ?

3b) do we need to check for archive index for those output types whose storage mode=3 in condition record ?

3C) Can we check for each output type whether archive index is active or not. If yes, how ?

are the above steps correct.

regards

Pamela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear, what they (business) are trying to achieve ? cay you please provide an example? please do not use a technical language... i am asking about the example from business