cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot status CRTD PASG on 04 early inspection lots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have an issue with early inspection lots with type 04. Usually inspection lots gets created upon release of process order based on the setting from control insp lot indicator in QM view. But everytime, inspection lots landing in CRTD PASG status.

I did validated almost all the possiblities and still unsuccessful.

1. MM-QM view - Inspection with task list ,check chars, auto assignment, 100% inspection checked and manual sampl calc unchecked.

2. Inspection plan usage 5 and 4 for released.

3, Inspection plan was created in 2008

4. Material was created in 2005.

5, Inspection lot created in 2013

6. No sampling schema used, it;s a fixed sample

7. MIC,sampling proc,DMR assigned in inspection plan

8. Material assigments made in inspection plan.

9. Sampling procedure with sample management flagged and inspection points assigned in the plan.

10. UOM inpection plan is KG and sampling drawing procedure assigned in the plan header.

11. MIC is in rel status with incomplete copy model

12. Partial sample maintained for all MIC's.

This issue is really eating my brains up and need your assistance asap.

Cheers,

Mahee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It simply means sample calculation did not takes place.

Please check lot size & sample size of individual MICs'.

Try to click on sample tab in QA02 & check what msg system gives.

Former Member
0 Kudos

QA03 status shows CRTD CHCR PASG. We're using sampling drawing procedure to calculate the samples to be withdrawn. When I hit the sample tab in QA03 it says "No physical samples are assigned". Sample size assigned in sampling procedure is 1 and lot qty is 900.00. No of containers coming as blank. If I give 1 EA manually system calculates samples.

My concern is why no of containers is blank when inspection lots gets created ? Usually if lot triggered during GR, we will give assign no of containers during GR and it populates in lot. But here since lot gets triggered during process order release, why system does not populate them as auto ?

I have checked the SDP and everything seems to be set up right.

Regards,

Mahee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its because of you have not ticked on indicator "physical-sample drawing based on the number of lot containers " in the sample-drawing procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sujit - It was already flagged in SDP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My concern is why no of containers is blank when inspection lots gets created ?

Coming back to your earlier questions,In normal circumstances after GR 04 inspection lot is created.

GR has entry of "number of container " which flows into inspection lot.

As your case is for early inspection lot & no GR done ,system kept "container" field empty.

That's logical.

Now coming back to why you need to enter "container " is because you physical sample calculation is based on containers.

So you have to now explore setting @ plant level : try to change the plant level setting for entering container numbers in "Inspection lot creation tab"

Try not to make it mandetory ,This should solve your issue....

otherwise remove the tick of number of containers or keep entering number of container in early inspection lot to avoid status "CRTD"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sujit,

That's a good catch. I see no of containers is blank and lot status is REL for 04 early inspection lots. But for some reason, few of the lots fall in CRTD status and few of them in REL status considering both were blank in no of contianers. I think the issue is with SDP and pretty close to fix the issue.

Thanks for all your help and follow up.

Cheers,

Mahee

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

milind_kulkarni5
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to QA32 ,Select line item - go to Insp.Lot tab- check the dates (of lot creation & insp. plan creation)- go to tab insp. specification - click on tab'Task list.spec & sample.calculation.

Check if CRTD status gets changed to REL or not.

Regards,

Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved...thank you!

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you inspecting a batch managed material?  Was the batch assigned in the order prior to release?

It might help if you tell as ALL the current statuses on the inspection lot.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Craig...We re using batch management and batch gets assigned during process order release.

The current status of the inspection lot always falls on CRTD PASG for every 04 early inspection lot. So everytime users need to get into QA02 and assign it manually and it works fine...only the issue is with auto release.

Cheers,

Mahee

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does it also show a status of CALC?

Can you post list of all the statuses on the lot when it is first created? I.e. use QA03 to display the statuses before you go into QA02. 

The status PASG indicates that a plan is assigned to the lot and your users must not actually be assigning it in QA02 if you have the status codes CRTD PASG on a newly created lot.

So going into QA02 must be triggering or processing the sample calculation for you.  The error must lie in there.

Is it expecting the no. of containers for instance?

FF