Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger version 2.1.5 installation

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seeburger version 2.1.3 is available in PI 7.11 system. It has to be upgraded to 2.1.5

Installation document of seeburger says we should uninstall some set of components if we are upgrading from a version prior to 2.1.

Questions:

Even for 2.1.5 update, should we uninstall all the existing 2.1.3 seeburger components

If we have to undeploy,should we do it for all the existing components (or) only a specific set of components to be undeployed?

any guide (or) links would be appreciated

Thanks a ton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Is your problem solved?

If yes, please let us know how and mark the correct/helpful answer(s).

If no, please indicate if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Daniel,

Would you share your experiance, we are also experiencing same issues.

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as mentioend before, an upgrade from Version 2.1.3 to 2.1.5 doesn´t require any undeployments.

KInd Regards

Stefan

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I do not want to trigger a discussion within this thread, but we had to undeploy using the NetWeaver Development Studio. If not, the new files were not recognized as a new version.

Just my experience on a SAP PI 7.11 platform during a Seeburger upgrade from 2.1.3 to 2.1.5

Kind regards,

Dimitri

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

did you encounter this effect with the standard Adapter-Deployment-Files ? Or did you encounter this effect with some Mapping-Files (e.g. Mapping_User.sda).

Cause if you update Mapping-Files, then it may be required to use the "ForceMode" and select the "updateAll" option, starting JSPM with the following line:

go "-config=/jspm/forceMode=true" "-config=/jspm/deployVersionRule=updateAll"

Kind Regards

Stefan

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I tried everything, including the force mode and the specific command you specified.

Deployment files were both standard ones and a specific mappings_user one.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check SAP Note 1167474.

Yes, You have to undeploy all Seeburger(only Seeburger) components during java prepare. 

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Do you still need help on this topic or did you find a solution in the meantime?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am looking out for help still.

Thanks in advance

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You need to undeploy every Seeburger component, but please make sure you make a backup, Especially of all Seeburger workbench components.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

in the Release Notes you can see the remark regarding upgrade:

See SAP Note 1167474 if you are planing to perform an upgrade from 1.x releases.

For 2.1.1 and higher, the OFTPTablesPI.sca file needs to be deployed as New software component

before updating the OFTP Adapter's SCA files.

...so if you just go for an upgrade from version 2.1.3 to 2.1.5 there is no need to undeploy any component...

However you should also consider the following remarks fromn the Release Notes:

Important

• We strongly recommend finishing all active recovery jobs before updating from previous releases.

• Remove the existing commservice application prior to deployment of the latest release (keyname

com.seeburger.xi.webapp.commservice)

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have additional questions.

Kidn Regards

Stefan

PS: Other than this I would anyway make a backup of the Seeburger Workbench entries whenever any upgrade is made (as mentioned already by Dimitri)