cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How SAP manage controlled substance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am working for a pharmaceutical company. We are using ECC6 with no EHP. We don't use Pharmaceutical or Healthcare Best Practices either.

I am working on a project to alert people when a suspicious sales order is placed for a controlled substances.

A controlled substance is a highly addictive substance such as oxycodone. The dealers, buyer or seller, need government license to run their business. This is a new government policy to report suspicious sales orders of controlled substance in Canada.

They have over a dozen criteria to classify a sales order as suspicious. Such as a sales order is out of the trend of quantity or strength in the past 12 months.

I heard that USA has this regulation for years and all American pharmaceutical companies comply with this policy.

I just wonder if SAP already has a solution for it in an EHP, an ES bundles, or best practices at all?

I browsed through the EHP release notes and could not find a new functionality for controlled substance added. The closest thing I could find is hazardous/waste management. But the functionality is for WM not for SD.

Is there any out of box solution from SAP at all?

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Points will be given for the best answer.

Regards,

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Are you looking for below one?

http://events.asug.com/2012AC/3102_SAP_Support_for_GS1_Standards.pdf

Regards, Sai Krishna.