SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitation of number of materials in a bonus buy material grouping

Former Member
0 Kudos

When using the SAP "bonus buy" feature(VBK1,2) we are using material groupings as target of the rebate and as prerequisites.

As we sell a lot of bundled material (i.e. mobile phones bundled with a contract) we soon reach the limit of 999 possible entries which can be administered by transaction VBG1 and VBG2, though the table allows values up to 9999.

We opened a Note asking SAP to extend this to 9999, but it was refused because standard is not to be changed or we can order a customer mod for x+ Euro.

Does anyone in the community have the same problem so we could team up and raise a user request for this to be changed ?

Thanks for your help !

5 REPLIES 5

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Heinz

Do you refer to dynpro SAPMV13N 0301 field PRQNR? The error is the type WBBY number 036? If it's true, then it is ruled in the include MV13NF_BBY_CHECK_PRQNR, form bby_check_prqnr, but I don't know how to avoid the error with an implicit enhancement, because you could write coding in the end of subroutine, but the error message would be triggered before. Other important issue is the reply by SAP, because you can order a customer mod for x+ Euro. All is hard-coded (number of items, type of error).

Perhaps the solution is create new bonus buy (until the item 999).

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

thanks, we knew that from debugging, What I wanted to know is if there is anybody out there who has the same issue, i.e. needing more than 999 so we could team up and demand a change in SAP Standard. There is already a modification in MV13NF_BBY_CHECK_PRQNR regarding the check of duplicate item numbers which has been commented out - so there is a way.

New bonus is a workaround, we hate it.

Cheers

Heinz

0 Kudos

Hello Heinz!

We are facing the same problem. The only thing I can add it that it is possible to maintain more then 999, but user needs to add each line individually.  It is not possible to paste multiple values, but only using 'plus' button add an extra line.

Saving of Bonus Buy group is still possible, but it is very use unfriendly.

Is your problem the same?

If you have any solution please post the answer.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Katrina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heinz,

There is a provision how I have managed it in my earlier project you can assign mutiple article groups in a single bonus buy.

If article is more then you can split it in several groups having 999 articles in each group. Then assign all the groups in your bonus buy as normal process.

hope it will help...

BR

Ajaya Kr Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heinz,

we actually found your post as were searching for the resolution of the same issue desribed above. I rely on your statement regarding SAP reply (x+ EUR), so if you know the way how to convince SAP to change the standard functionality gap, then we rise the flag with you.

Vlad.