cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution model view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We always maintain the distribution model in sender system(BD64). Is it possible to maintain the distribution model in the receiver system also.

Thanks in advance...

Regards ,

Vaani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thanks a lot for ur timely help.

Regards,

Vaani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

I want to know in general how to maintain the inbound ALE 's Distribution model in SAP System (receiver)

Regards,

Vaani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

Can u tell me how to maintain inbound ALE? What setting to do?

Regards,

Vaani

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vanashree,

Can you give more details?

Do you want to post an idoc from XI to a SAP system?

If yes, then this is what you would need to do,

1. BD54 --> Defined Logical SystemName. This logical system name should correspond to the logical system name used in your Sender Business System in XI.

2. We 20 --> Create a partner profile for the Logical System name created in step 1. Add the Idoc as an Inbound Idoc to this with the corresponding process code.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you say receiver System , do you mean a SAP sytstem where you are going to post an IDoc from XI?

If yes, then yes, the Distribution Model should be maintained in both the sender and the recieevr system.

You maintain the same in the sender system so that it can post idoc's to XI and you maintain it in the reciever system so that you can add the partner profile entries in the Recieevr System for the Idoc.

The Distribution model should not be maintained on XI though.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I remember correctly then we need not have to 'create' the model in receiver system. But when we 'distribute' (in BD64 Edit-> Model View -> Distribute) the model in sender system, it gets created in all the receiver systems.

Regards,

Rahul.